Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it worth the extra money to move in? Help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
The lease on our apartment ends in July and we have by May 12th to make a decision to move or not. It'd be more expensive to live where we are if we renew the lease (price went up and it's an extra $50/month for parking) so we are looking elsewhere

My co-worker is moving into a new house and has offered her 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo for $900/month and electric would be roughly $100/month. It's in a great neighborhood with other young families, it's less than what we are paying now, and my SO's parents are literally a walk down the road. The only cons with the place are the extra bedroom (which I can turn into an art studio or a guest room) and driving to work (parking where I live is a real bitch), which are small in comparison to the pros.

The worst thing, however: We would have to move in June 1st, a month before our lease ends, meaning we would have to pay the $900 to move in, $930 to cover June and $465 to cover the remainder of the lease. In total, it'd be $2295 to move into this place, excluding the utilities. I'm not sure if it would be worth it or not.

What do you all think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Poop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Poop!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

MOVE it has to many pluses not to.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Worth it in the long run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyahsMom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I vote move! An extra bedroom is not a con to me!!
baquick
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I would move. Or let your complex you are moving out early and see if they will prorate your last Month. A lot o places will.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I would move sounds great
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
They're also doing renovation on the building and will be done by the time I move in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvinkyloafer
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM
It's almost a half-month that I'd be paying to finish July.

Quoting baquick:

I would move. Or let your complex you are moving out early and see if they will prorate your last Month. A lot o places will.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM

If the benefits out weigh the cons then I'd do it, it will save you money in the long run. Nicer neighborhood, extra bedroom.. I'd do it.

It's funny, When you say illegal immigrants, I think of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)