Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not everyone wins!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm kind of irritated. DD's sports class had an awards banquet tonight. They gave out awards based on performance and attitude, DD has excelled this year and worked very hard. She won two different awards, however there were kids who didn't win any awards. One of these kids was sitting at our table. When DD won her first award he was a little upset but his mom calmed him down. However when she got her second award this kid started to throw a fit. He was crying, he actually came up to DD and said she was mean (making DD upset), and he was simply out of control but the mom did not remove him from the situation at all. By the time we left DD was in tears as she was so upset that she got awards and he didn't. DH and I had to assure her that she had earned them as she worked very hard this year. Btw DD is 8 and this boy is around 10 or 11. 

The place was packed and there was nowhere else for us to sit or else we would have moved. My DD even tried to tell the kid she was sorry he didn't win any awards but he actually pushed her and his parents did nothing. I told her to just ignore him and anytime he came around after that DH would move so he couldn't get to DD.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Sounds like a spoiled brat

The boy, that is.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Another whiny kid with do-nothing parents. Yuck. Don't their parents realize their kid is going to be the one no one can even stand to be around? By 10 or 11, shouldn't a boy be too embarrassed to let other people see him crying like a baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I'm pretty good at not reacting to kids like that but I swear my DH was shooting his parents looks that could kill. He didn't say anything because honestly it would have embarassed me, but each time their kid came around and he blocked him DH would look at them and cough obnoxiously.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Sounds like a spoiled brat

The boy, that is.

starlight91
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

What a spoiled brat that boy is, but thats how parents are raising them now a days, everyone is all my kid is special , they should be treated better because the mom said so...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:04 AM

sounds like the other kid had "issues". my dd got turned off from soccer due to a kid like that.

congratulations to your dd.

cryssi_renee
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I would have told his parents to keep him away from my kid. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM
The kid sounds like a brat but your kid also seems overly sensitive....my 8 year old would have said something like next time you should try harder or quit being a baby its not my fault you didn't practice...but she has two older brothers so boys don't intimidate her....had he pushed my DD he probably would have been on the ground clutching his testicles as that's how she has been taught to defend herself against boys lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN