Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Periods after ebf baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My baby just hit 1yr. Last month I finally had a period. I didn't miss it. But this month I'm expecting it, maybe even had pms, and no period yet. Did your period come back regular?
Oh I had
My tubes tied too. Does that cause any differences?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

When YDD was 12 months, I got my period back for the first time. She'll be 14 months next week and we're still breastfeeding and haven't gotten my period back yet :/ It was due nearly 2 weeks ago. I've tested a couple times and it always says negative.

Its normal for it to skip a month or two and come back again.

ETA: We're still breastfeeding if that helps.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It's normal to bounce around a bit when it comes back.

Awip
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

After my getting my tube tied I have one 2 maybe 3 times a year, but idk if it normal.  It's been 5 years for me and my gyn is unconcerned sooo good luckgood luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I'm not thinking I'm pregnant or anything. My tubes are tied. But it seems my hormones are all over the place. I'm still breastfeeding. Just curious what's going on with me and these possible pms symptoms.

After my son I never got a period and got pregnant with our ydd when he was 9mo. But I can't get pregnant now so that's not a concern. My mood, and eating habits are though. : (

Quoting robibuni:

When YDD was 12 months, I got my period back for the first time. She'll be 14 months next week and we're still breastfeeding and haven't gotten my period back yet :/ It was due nearly 2 weeks ago. I've tested a couple times and it always says negative.

Its normal for it to skip a month or two and come back again.

ETA: We're still breastfeeding if that helps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I think my hormones are all over though. My tubes are tied. But I guess I just want some kid of rhythm. Like I know since I'm moody this week I'll start my period and be normal in another week. That doesn't seem to be the case though. I'm ok with less periods. But I want my hormones to match. Lol

Quoting Awip:

After my getting my tube tied I have one 2 maybe 3 times a year, but idk if it normal.  It's been 5 years for me and my gyn is unconcerned sooo good luckgood luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Try upping your protein intake & b vitamin supp. Could help with symptoms. But then again it is a full moon tonight so that could be it...
Awip
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My testosterone is high and he thought it might be pcos but an ultrasound said no

i know what you mean, I'd like to know when so I'm not caught unprepared lol but idk what else to do!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think my hormones are all over though. My tubes are tied. But I guess I just want some kid of rhythm. Like I know since I'm moody this week I'll start my period and be normal in another week. That doesn't seem to be the case though. I'm ok with less periods. But I want my hormones to match. Lol

Quoting Awip:

going crazy                    A Work In Progress.....

pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM
After my 4th baby I had my tubes tied. Nursed from day one,and didn't get my period till he was almost 2. (He turned 2 in december)and recently maybe since beginning of yr they r getting normal again. I also have endometriosis,which pregnancy "helps"and I thought after having him it was "cured"! But the past few months its come back full force. Worse then when I was first told I had it. (Its been basicly since I first got my period at 11,I just didn't know of course at that age it wasn't normal to have a fever,throw up,and be literally on the couch with a heating pad for days,and I guess my mom didn't know either!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)