Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teeth shade--Any dentist?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I am having my front teeth done and I was wondering what shade you think will look best. I was thinking either A1 or B1. For those of you that don't know, A1 is the lightest natural shade and B1 is the next step lighter. There are many bleached colors that are brighter but I don't want my smile to look too fake.

I am fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes. I heard that if you have lighter skin you want to have whiter teeth. I also don't want them to look fake. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'd probably do A1 where you are fair skinned..  A1 on you won't look as white as A1 on someone with dark skin.

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Which ever you choose, remember those teeth will not get any lighter, so, if you want to bleach your teeth ever, go a shade lighter than your natural tooth color. A1 and A2 are the most common shades, I think you would not be happy with B1.

OompaLover6969
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Umm... Are you having ALL surfaces of ALL of your front teeth done? If not, the shade needs to match your current teeth. A2 is the most common shade & (IMHO) looks most natural.

Also, skin tone & hair color aren't typically the deciding factor of tooth shades. The "whites" of your eyes can help indicate whether or not you lean towards a grey or yellowish tone. If you go to much whiter than the whites of your eyes, it will look unnatural.

Anyways, I've been in the dental field for over 10 years & have never once heard of a dentist who allows a patient to choose their own anterior filling tooth shade, UNLESS we're talking a complete upper anterior bridge, Full-surface fillings on all anteriors, OR, a denture or partial (showing only anterior teeth).

I guess I'm just confused about your question? Sorry.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waffa
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

DON'T DO THE "ERIC ESTRADA" WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just doesn't look natural... if you're too young to know who he is, google him LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I'm having all of the surfaces on my front teeth done. The whites of my eyes are very white. Sorry for the confusion. My teeth color now is A3 which is very yellow in my opinion. My teeth used to be an A1. 

Quoting OompaLover6969:

Umm... Are you having ALL surfaces of ALL of your front teeth done? If not, the shade needs to match your current teeth. A2 is the most common shade & (IMHO) looks most natural.

Also, skin tone & hair color aren't typically the deciding factor of tooth shades. The "whites" of your eyes can help indicate whether or not you lean towards a grey or yellowish tone. If you go to much whiter than the whites of your eyes, it will look unnatural.

Anyways, I've been in the dental field for over 10 years & have never once heard of a dentist who allows a patient to choose their own anterior filling tooth shade, UNLESS we're talking a complete upper anterior bridge, Full-surface fillings on all anteriors, OR, a denture or partial (showing only anterior teeth).

I guess I'm just confused about your question? Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Since I wouldn't be able to make them any brighter i was thinking about going for a B1. Why do you think I wouldn't be happy with a B1? 

Quoting crysiann:

Which ever you choose, remember those teeth will not get any lighter, so, if you want to bleach your teeth ever, go a shade lighter than your natural tooth color. A1 and A2 are the most common shades, I think you would not be happy with B1.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN