Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wants me to burn the brand new couch...why you ask? Pic added

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because my mom and dad bought it for us! We moved and needed a new couch, the old one was nasty, our old house had mold in it, bad mold, and the couch smelled like mold, I was worried that we where bringing the mold with us and our son was having health issues from the mold and the couch wasnt helping. My mom went to a furniture sale and thought she was being nice and bought us a beautiful green couch, its dark green and so soft, with maroon pillows! I thought my DH would be so happy, it was a brand new couch, but nope, for 3 days, we got the couch Monday, he has bitched, he said he doesnt want it, he doesnt like it, he wants me to get rid of it, take it out in the yard and burn it, he doesnt want it because my mom and dad bought it for us. She has never done anything like this before, and she was just being nice. I offered to pay mom and dad back so that then it would be us that paid for the couch, but that wont work either, he is a complete ass!!! I dont want to get rid of the couch, it matches the living room, it doesnt smell like mold, and its new, no one has sat on it before. Why does it matter that mom and dad found it, I offered to pay them back, and we cant afford to go to a furniture store, so I dont understand why he cant suck it up and keep the freaking couch. If its pride, suck it up, we needed a couch, let me pay them back and call it good! WOuld you ladies keep the couch

This is a terrible pic of it, it is a weird material, suede almost so it came out looking brown and dirty but its not and ignore my cat!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Replies (71-76):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Yep, thats my calico Lita, she is an old lady, but I love her to pieces! She likes the new couch very much!

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Kitty cat..... Looked like a Calico, but I am on my phone.

If your dh doesn't like the couch, he is welcome to sit else wear or not look at it. It was so kind of your parents. He can suck it up and get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I told him we could pay them back, then it would be like we payed for the couch, but that was a no go to, we really needed that couch, so I dont know why he cant just accept it, ya know!

Quoting livingforthem83:

It hurt his pride. Men don't well with hurt pride.

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Put a pillow and blanket on the living room floor and tell him that that's where he sleeps until he can be grateful. And no.sleeping on the couch since he hates it so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told him we could pay them back, then it would be like we payed for the couch, but that was a no go to, we really needed that couch, so I dont know why he cant just accept it, ya know!

Quoting livingforthem83:

It hurt his pride. Men don't well with hurt pride.

kayla864
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:27 AM
That is a nice couch.. He can suck it if dont like it..
AlleyCat08
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM
One more reason to keep the couch... I am a cat person... The kitty on my profile pic is Rhubarb, I named him after the cat in a book, the title of the book is "Rhubarb".

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, thats my calico Lita, she is an old lady, but I love her to pieces! She likes the new couch very much!

Quoting AlleyCat08:

Kitty cat..... Looked like a Calico, but I am on my phone.

If your dh doesn't like the couch, he is welcome to sit else wear or not look at it. It was so kind of your parents. He can suck it up and get over it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Tell your dh to shut up. If you can't afford a new couch it was a nice thought by your mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my mom and dad bought it for us! We moved and needed a new couch, the old one was nasty, our old house had mold in it, bad mold, and the couch smelled like mold, I was worried that we where bringing the mold with us and our son was having health issues from the mold and the couch wasnt helping. My mom went to a furniture sale and thought she was being nice and bought us a beautiful green couch, its dark green and so soft, with maroon pillows! I thought my DH would be so happy, it was a brand new couch, but nope, for 3 days, we got the couch Monday, he has bitched, he said he doesnt want it, he doesnt like it, he wants me to get rid of it, take it out in the yard and burn it, he doesnt want it because my mom and dad bought it for us. She has never done anything like this before, and she was just being nice. I offered to pay mom and dad back so that then it would be us that paid for the couch, but that wont work either, he is a complete ass!!! I dont want to get rid of the couch, it matches the living room, it doesnt smell like mold, and its new, no one has sat on it before. Why does it matter that mom and dad found it, I offered to pay them back, and we cant afford to go to a furniture store, so I dont understand why he cant suck it up and keep the freaking couch. If its pride, suck it up, we needed a couch, let me pay them back and call it good! WOuld you ladies keep the couch

This is a terrible pic of it, it is a weird material, suede almost so it came out looking brown and dirty but its not and ignore my cat!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)