Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If Your Husband/SO Died....

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 21 Replies

So my husband grew up in the city,but he's a complete rodeo fanatic and ever since we've been married he's been determined to educate me. Anyway, he was telling me about the bull rider Lane Frost,who died in 1989.And he mentioned that Lane was young when he died,25,but he'd been married for something like six years. So I got online and I did a little research and I found out that his widow is now remarried and has kids and lives in Texas.

And it got me thinking...if your husband died and you remarried,would you think that it was meant to be that way?Like your first husband was meant to die so that you could meet your second and be happy with him?

Sorry if this sounds weird or morbid,it's late and my hormones are out of whack!

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l0nely
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:34 AM
If that happened, I wouldn't remarry..
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I strongly doubt that.

Everyone I have known who has been widowed, even if happily remarried, still can break down in sobs over that first spouse.  Well except one, but she's so cold it's scary.

Not sayng that's true across the board, but... I would probably never recover. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Lane frost is a rodeo legend! He was amazing you should watch 8 seconds it's a movie about him. I can't say what would happen if my dh past  away besides after mourning I would keep on living my life and whatever came my way I would deal with as it happened including loving again 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I think everything happens for a reason. But this is also why I DONT believe EVERYONE has ONE true love.
lovevamp
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I would never recover from the loss of Dh
ElizabethGracie
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I think that must be hard for the second spouse too,you know...because if the first spouse hadn't died,they most likely wouldn't be married.

And I definitely couldn't see myself remarrying any time soon.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

I strongly doubt that.

Everyone I have known who has been widowed, even if happily remarried, still can break down in sobs over that first spouse.  Well except one, but she's so cold it's scary.

Not sayng that's true across the board, but... I would probably never recover. 

CafeMom Tickers

ElizabethGracie
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:37 AM

My best friend says exactly the same thing about true love!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think everything happens for a reason. But this is also why I DONT believe EVERYONE has ONE true love.

CafeMom Tickers

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I doubt I would remarry. I would probably just focus my life on my kids and making sure they are supplied with their needs
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Lol. I mean some people stay married forever. Some ppl become widows and never marry again.

But does those who remarrying; they must be special to have two instead of one. Lol

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

My best friend says exactly the same thing about true love!

Quoting Anonymous:

ElizabethGracie
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I don't want to say that I for sure wouldn't remarry because I'm still really young,but it defintely would take a long process of healing for me to even be able to date....and a really special man to be able to measure up to the man I'd lost.

Quoting l0nely:

If that happened, I wouldn't remarry..

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured