Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel like a bad mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I work 7pm-7am 3 days a week and dh works 6pm-5am 4 days a week and when he is off when I work he watches dd. well after work yesterday I went to do my glucose test (pregnant with 2nd dd) and didn't get home until around 8:15am. Well as soon as I walked in the door I heard dd crying and I got her, and when I went to turn off the monitor it wasn't even fucking on, and dh was sleeping soundly. She has been waking up around 7 for a bottle these days so I'm just guessing she had been crying for at lease an hour. I probably should have done my test later in the day :(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalPystol
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Hugs
qkristen5468
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Pfft! No you should throw a pillow at your dh face for not making sure the monitor was on!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM

She even threw a tantrum every time I tried to lay her down for a nap :(

Quoting CrystalPystol:

Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:12 AM

I wanted to, trust me but I was more concerned with giving my baby girl love and letting her know I was there or her even if it was a little too late  thank goodness nothing bad happened

Quoting qkristen5468:

Pfft! No you should throw a pillow at your dh face for not making sure the monitor was on!

qkristen5468
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Awwwww your such a good mommy! How old is she?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wanted to, trust me but I was more concerned with giving my baby girl love and letting her know I was there or her even if it was a little too late  thank goodness nothing bad happened

Quoting qkristen5468:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:14 AM

10months

Quoting qkristen5468:

Awwwww your such a good mommy! How old is she?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting qkristen5468:

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM
3 moms liked this

You feel like a bad mom because your husband effed up? Forget that. Go smother him with a pillow. 

candyrow
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Aw bless. She's got mummy now though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Ummm no........ Your DH should have had the monitor on so he could have heard the baby crying. Why would you turn this situation around and make it like you were doing something wrong?!? I'm sure this was just a temporary lapse of judgement on his part but he was supposed to be responsible for your DD at that time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quoting mich.el.le:

You feel like a bad mom because your husband effed up? Forget that. Go smother him with a pillow. 

Agreed....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)