Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so angry DON'T BLAME ME FOR YOUR CHILDS ILLNESS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies

I have a so called friend who yesterday told me winter 2011 when her 6 week old baby came down with whooping cough she blamed me. My DD (6 years old) isn't vaccinated but her oldest son (4 years old) is fully vaccinated.

At the time her baby was very sick to the point he was in hospital for 9 weeks and almost died. I hadn't seen her in about 2 weeks leading up to her sons illness and I did not visit when he was sick in hospital for the very reason he had whooping cough but called almost every day and made sure she was okay and so was her DS.

He recovered but now has breathing problems, needs more medical care and has to be carefully watched. Her oldest DS attends child care and had also came down with a cough but never needed more then a couple of doctors visits but tested positive for whooping cough. Thats how her baby got whooping cough not from my daughter who never had it!

I am wrong to be very offended by this? To know she bitched behind my back about me? That if her child had of died she would have told people it was MY fault?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd be a little pissed.
HelloSweetie
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:39 AM
3 moms liked this

She does not sound like a very good friend. Nor very educated. I'm sorry

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I'd be offended and pissed and I would more then likely end my friendship with her.
idunno1234
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:42 AM
16 moms liked this

She doesn't necessarily have a right to come to that conclusion based on what you said, however this scenario is going to become much more common as more and more women decide that the miniscule risk (to most children) of vaccines for deadly diseases is somehow greater than the deadly diseases themselves.

Unvaccinated children basically depend on the rest of the vaccinated population to keep them safe from these diseases.  Sound fair to you?

Constant_Reader
by ~ curly mop on top ~ on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I'd be very upset. Like to the point of not returning calls for awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM
10 moms liked this

SMH

Unvaccated children depend on thier immune systems to protect them. The vaccinated kids failed.

Quoting idunno1234:

She doesn't necessarily have a right to come to that conclusion based on what you said, however this scenario is going to become much more common as more and more women decide that the miniscule risk (to most children) of vaccines for deadly diseases is somehow greater than the deadly diseases themselves.

Unvaccinated children basically depend on the rest of the vaccinated population to keep them safe from these diseases.  Sound fair to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I can understand IF my child had whooping cough but she didn't and she knew that. Instead of accepting her son had whooping cough from his brother thats WAS vaxed, she tried to blame me for my choices. 

Quoting idunno1234:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM

i'd be dropping a 'friend' like that, PRONTO!!!

obviously she has bought into all the fearmongering and mass media hype surrounding this issue, instead of really educating herself about it-she'd rather have someone to blame for HER situation YOU had nothing to do with...seriously, drop her as a friend, because she is NOT one. SHe is brainless. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM

also ask her since WC is spread thru the air, and your kids DIDN'T HAVE IT, HOW CAN THEY SPREAD SOMETHING THEY DON'T HAVE??????  stupidity at it's finest, folks.....if your child DOES NOT have a contagious disease, they CANNOT spread it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Did she have her booster? Maybe she should look in the mirror or to those around her. 

My son contracted it when he was 2 and he had the vaccine on schedule. It happens. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN