Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so angry DON'T BLAME ME FOR YOUR CHILDS ILLNESS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a so called friend who yesterday told me winter 2011 when her 6 week old baby came down with whooping cough she blamed me. My DD (6 years old) isn't vaccinated but her oldest son (4 years old) is fully vaccinated.

At the time her baby was very sick to the point he was in hospital for 9 weeks and almost died. I hadn't seen her in about 2 weeks leading up to her sons illness and I did not visit when he was sick in hospital for the very reason he had whooping cough but called almost every day and made sure she was okay and so was her DS.

He recovered but now has breathing problems, needs more medical care and has to be carefully watched. Her oldest DS attends child care and had also came down with a cough but never needed more then a couple of doctors visits but tested positive for whooping cough. Thats how her baby got whooping cough not from my daughter who never had it!

I am wrong to be very offended by this? To know she bitched behind my back about me? That if her child had of died she would have told people it was MY fault?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Replies (111-113):
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM
So you are saying that all they would have to do is wash thier hands more often and POOF measles, pertussis, rubella, and pollio are gone? How exactly do you think the US got to have such a low rate for these diseases? Vaccinations that's saved, and continue to save uncountable lives. I stand by my choice to vaccinated and I'm proud of it. You aol the other hand prefer to hide behind that anonymous button. If you are going to take a stand on something at least have the balls to show your face.
Quoting Anonymous:

I can't speak for others, but I depend on proper health and hygiene to protect my children. I might feel differently in a third world country, I don't know. The information available for third world countries is not as accessible as for the USA. I still don't understand why conditions are as they are in those other countries when we have the means to provide them with proper nutrition and sanitary conditions.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

So a few people in 30 years, thats is amazing. How many other cases do you think there would be if we did not have vaccinations? You are depending of the immunity of others to protect your child. Did you know that people fly into the US everyday from other countries? There is no telling if they have been vaccinated or not. Or what diseases they may have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you know that the only cases of polio in the USA in the past 30 years have been caused by the vaccine itself?

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

Cool story. I have seen people live with the results of polio that they caught as children, before vaccines were available. That IS NOT something I will risk putting my child through.

Quoting Anonymous:

Approximately 95% of persons infected with polio will have no symptoms.

About 4-8% of infected persons have minor symptoms, such as fever,

fatigue, nausea, headache, flu-like symptoms, stiffness in the neck and

back, and pain in the limbs, which often resolve completely. Fewer than

1% of polio cases result in permanent paralysis of the limbs (usually

the legs). Of those paralyzed, 5-10% die when the paralysis strikes the

respiratory muscles. The death rate increases with increasing age.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

So why don't you go throw your kid I with a bunch of children from other countries who have polio? You know since they wouldn't catch it because of thier immune system and all.

Quoting Anonymous:

SMH

Unvaccated children depend on thier immune systems to protect them. The vaccinated kids failed.

Quoting idunno1234:

She doesn't necessarily have a right to come to that conclusion based on what you said, however this scenario is going to become much more common as more and more women decide that the miniscule risk (to most children) of vaccines for deadly diseases is somehow greater than the deadly diseases themselves.

Unvaccinated children basically depend on the rest of the vaccinated population to keep them safe from these diseases.  Sound fair to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Maybe not gone, but perhaps less severe. Have you ever noticed that most of the complications involved with illnesses are those that are perfectly preventable by keeping fluid levels up? Have you ever noticed how healthy people, in general, are sick less often than unhealthy people? Have you noticed how the availablility of medicine when necessary is what helps outcomes? Yes, absolutely, wash hands more often, get better nutrition, and better access to medical care would make illness less severe. Is it a guarantee for everyone? Of course not. Infants and the elderly will always have more compromised immune systems (although breastfeeding does help infants considerably.) People with compromised immune systems will always be more susceptible to illness. But pumping people full of drugs from the moment they are born? Do you really think that's the answer?

You can stand by your choice, and that is fine. Great. But please refrain from making assinine comments such as "well then why don't you just take your baby to a third world country and expose them to polio if you feel so safe!" If you don't want to think about this stuff, that's okay. However, when you make absolutely ridiculous comments, people are going to come back and give you intelligent answers. You don't have to like those answers, and you don't have to agree with them. But if you don't want to hear them, then don't make the comment to provoke them in the first place. My being anon has nothing to do with anything, except that it is your attempt at grasping at straws in order to ignore something that if you allowed yourself to, would actually force you to think.

Have a nice night.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

So you are saying that all they would have to do is wash thier hands more often and POOF measles, pertussis, rubella, and pollio are gone? How exactly do you think the US got to have such a low rate for these diseases? Vaccinations that's saved, and continue to save uncountable lives. I stand by my choice to vaccinated and I'm proud of it. You aol the other hand prefer to hide behind that anonymous button. If you are going to take a stand on something at least have the balls to show your face.
Quoting Anonymous:

I can't speak for others, but I depend on proper health and hygiene to protect my children. I might feel differently in a third world country, I don't know. The information available for third world countries is not as accessible as for the USA. I still don't understand why conditions are as they are in those other countries when we have the means to provide them with proper nutrition and sanitary conditions.

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I would confront her about it, clear the air and move on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured