Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is a sad story

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
  • 21 Replies
I just wanted to spread this so that we could all teach our children how important it is to always still look when getting off the bus and crossing the road. This little angel was in my daughters class, only 7 years old when an impaired, yes I said impaired truck driver driving a a loaded log truck went around a stopped school bus and struck this child. This road is a straight stretch for miles and miles, there's no excuse for her not being here right now.

http://www.wral.com/feds-investigating-trucking-company-in-7-year-old-s-hit-and-run-death/12381267/
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

How terrible.  There is no excuse for that.  May she rest in peace.

beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I saw that on the news , it's a horrible thing to happen I'm so sorry for her family and friends , are they charging the driver I didn't hear about that part

nonnarae
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
What a horrible tragedy!
Maemae2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Right now I know manslaughter, I think it should be murder since he decided to keep going like he didn't hit anything. They are hoping to get him for more being drugs were in his system.
Maemae2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Quoting nonnarae:

What a horrible tragedy!

Yes it is. The mom saw the whole thing happen. I just couldn't even imagine. There were 20 students still on the bus that saw it. Right now the bus driver is still in shock dealing with this.
DevonD83
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM

That is horribly sad.. just awful. For her family and friends and all of the kids and the driver on that bus that watched it happen.

kayandjsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM

:( So sad. And you said the mom saw the whole thing? I can't imagine.

todmom92
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

omg thats terrible Ill pray for her parents and for that dumb driver get a frickin brain. There is no reason for that to happen driving a log truck is dangerous enough without being impaired to boot.

Maemae2012
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Quoting kayandjsmom:

:( So sad. And you said the mom saw the whole thing? I can't imagine.

Yes, she saw it all including the aunt who tried to motion her to go back but Aliyah couldn't hear her.
CutieCrab
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM

So so sad. :'(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)