Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he hinting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
SO has a house. I have an apartment.

SO has a buddy that he let move in with him who has lately been relatively disrespectful. Not long ago he managed to break 5 glasses in one night. Then yesterday, while doing laundry, his roommate was gone and his clothes were in the dryer...when he went to put him in the room, he noticed a fist sized hole in the wall. He tried to politely bring it up and his friend/roommate shrugged it off like SO was stupid to care. He asked him how it got there and his friend was like "I put it there." with no further detail.

SO is even letting him use one of his spare cars and his friend is not working to get his own car repaired. His friend doesn't pay rent, only electricity and internet which varies from 200-400. He's fine with that and it was never about the money.

So, last night, SO came to stay at my place because he needed to get away.

When he brought it up...he was mentioning how he may be kicking his buddy out soon if it keeps up because either way, the way his buddy is being all around has been wrecking the friendship. He's lived there 2 years and since getting his current gf...he's changed towards everyone. SO is clearly a bit hurt over it and struggling with how he feels towards it.

Anyways, I couldn't help but feel when he discussed it that he was fishing for a different response or hoping I would suggest myself moving in. He was discussing needing a security system, since he works in 4 day shifts and how even then he was weary because one of his cars is irreplaceable. (An import) He was talking about how he wanted someone there he could trust and jokingly mentioned that he'd even briefly considered his brother, but that he felt it would make me uncomfortable. (Which is part true, but speaking realistically, he knows and admits he would be over it pretty quick.) Then went on to mention how his other good friends already had homes...'and families', he specified.

Is it possible he was fishing and I skipped the bait? It seems like something we've both warmed to but are weary to bring up. We're very steady, solid, and happy...we're just equally cautious sometimes.

I can't make out whether thinking so is correct...or assuming. I have no problem discussing it and making mutual sense of it, but I'm kind of iffy about being the one to initially address it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Why not just come out and ask him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM

how long have you been dating?

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I laugh and cringe a little when people refer to their friends as their buddy. It reminds me of this doll. 

"My buddy doll"

the term makes me think of two small kids talking about each other. 

scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM

If he wanted you to move in why wouldn't he just say it?

Vamp
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM

you...you caould have said like...well here I am :)

or

are you suggesting I move in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I wish I could...but it's not like me. I'm forward, but it would be silly for me to bring up in some way if I weren't...fully prepared if he says yes. And I'm not even sure decisively ready for that. My lease isn't even up until about October. As much as I would love us to transition to a family thing...giving up an apartment feels so scary and risky. I don't want to lose the home that I've spent 3 years making if we end up being wrong, but at the same time...I feel like he and I will make it. We work well and we're very comfy together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not just come out and ask him.
Vamp
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Kinda reminds me of Chuky...but when its just the good guy doll before being possessed LOL

Quoting Kool_Aide:

I laugh and cringe a little when people refer to their friends as their buddy. It reminds me of this doll. 

"My buddy doll"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
8 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

how long have you been dating?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
It's me calling him his buddy. I think it's a 'mom' term since I have a son. Lol. Creepy ass doll.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

"My buddy doll"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Because usually we laugh the idea off. That's why I feel like he was trying to check the waters with his wording. Part of me heard it and understood it...and I'm pretty sure I reflected mild panic by very blatantly avoiding even joking on the matter.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

If he wanted you to move in why wouldn't he just say it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured