Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

(just a vent) It's tough being your friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

sorry I don't want to offend anyone. I just have to vent. These are things I want to say to my bipolar BFF, but I won't.

I love you and I understand that you're bipolar--or I try really hard to, as I have suffered from clinical depression and I know a little of what you're going through, but I get really irritated when our friendship seems one sided or all about you. I have alot of patience with you but it's ALWAYS all about you!! I have things going on in my life too that I want you to be there for. I understand some of it might be triggers for you, so I never want you to feel uncomfortable, but return the friendship please, so I don't feel used. I have often put myself in uncomfortable positions to be there for you. I know you have problems but so do I! Why don't you ever want to help me out and I'm constantly helping you out!! I don't expect the favor returned, I just want to feel like u care. I don't want to end our friendship. We've been friends for so long, but it feels cold when you disappear and only come around when you need something.

--whew, there, thanks for listening even if you're strangers to me. I just wanted to stop myself from feeling like a pot about to boil over.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

sometimes when you are the only one putting effort into a friendship it is time to let that person go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)