Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
dyed my 4 year old DD's hair purple and my 5 year old DS's hair blood red :) and yes it is permenent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Get off your high horse, they ARE HER children, NOT yours.

Quoting Sandiekd21:

Want a brownie?
That is really irresponsible.
How could you alter their perfect hair? WHY would you introduce your kids to vanity SO YOUNG?
Parents like you make me want to throw up.
Get off my planet!

gdsTX
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

It's not bleach. Not really. It's called a lightening kit for those of us with darker hair and to get a brighter color. It isn't necessary, though. I used one on my natural color w/o the lightening and it was just a tint because of how dark my hair is (almost black). Admittedly, a full bleaching kit like Born Blonde is better than what they put in with the dye, but it's really bad for your hair.

The cute comment wasn't about anything you said. That was just how I felt about the hair. That's what I get for just putting it all in one post, I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Whatever, any unnatural color kit I've ever seen has a bleach kit with it AND I stated they are CUTE.

Quoting gdsTX:Not with the right dye you don't.And I think they look adorable.
Quoting Anonymous:They're so young... didn't you have to bleach it before you dyed it?

Cute though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Oh poor thing. At least she's trying to control that. Don't want to pry, but sorry she's going through whatever it is that causes her to do that.

Quoting cadditalbrat:

my dd had beautiful hair. Ringlets and that natural bleach blonde color... Until she started ripping it out :( it was a reward for her not pulling her hair for a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter's hair is way to beautiful too mess with. I want her to have that virgin, gorgeous color as long as possible. She wants all kinds of crazy colors, so it's just a matter of time before she messes it up on her own. I want to enjoy it while it lasts. She'll regret it one day though when she's my age and the only thing she wants is her childhood hair color back.

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
i wasn't asking for you opinion. I thinks it's cute and I wanted to share with then OPEN MINDED women on here who don't act like 90 year old bittys. And vanity? We did it for fun and to reward my dd for not pulling her hair out. I'd rather let my kids have fun with their apperence then go off and lie and change clothes when they aren't around me any more.

Quoting Sandiekd21:

Want a brownie?
How could you alter their perfect hair? WHY would you introduce your kids to vanity SO YOUNG?
Get off my planet!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babycakesaz
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

That is cute, your a fun mama. 

cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
we're getting to the point where she doesn't now :p especially since she has "special purple hair" lol hopefully this will help a lot and stop the habbit all together

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh poor thing. At least she's trying to control that. Don't want to pry, but sorry she's going through whatever it is that causes her to do that.

Quoting cadditalbrat:

my dd had beautiful hair. Ringlets and that natural bleach blonde color... Until she started ripping it out :( it was a reward for her not pulling her hair for a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter's hair is way to beautiful too mess with. I want her to have that virgin, gorgeous color as long as possible. She wants all kinds of crazy colors, so it's just a matter of time before she messes it up on her own. I want to enjoy it while it lasts. She'll regret it one day though when she's my age and the only thing she wants is her childhood hair color back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
My dd is begging for colored hair, I will wait until school is out for the summer and buy the wash out kind. Maybe a few colored clip ins too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
:p thanks. I try to be. I can't say I haven't failed before though lol

Quoting babycakesaz:

That is cute, your a fun mama. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Good for you? Why would you do that??
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sandiekd21:

Want a brownie?
Get off my planet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN