Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Big Women

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 229 Replies
6 moms liked this

How do you feel about being what society considers "fat"? I used to hate my body which just seems to get bigger with every child I have. Time to stop being ashamed!! This is me this past weekend:

I was crowned Queen in the 26-40 age category in the Kings and Queens of the Crown beauty pageant. I beat a bunch of "skinny chicks". All 3 of my daugher's were also crowned Queen and my son was crowned Prince.

Queen is first place and Prince is second.

So yeah, be proud of yourself and your body. Thick is in!!

I just wanted to ETA that this is me this morning (before I brushed my hair and got dressed) getting ready for a meeting with a potential client. I took it for another thread.

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Are you kids heavy as well? You are bigger but then again so is most of America enjoy your crown for being big!!
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Of my girls, my 5 year old is chubby. The other 2 are within the "norm". I didn't post this as a "I got a crown because I'm fat". I posted this to show that society as a whole is paying less attention to the weight aspect.

Although my 5 year old did beat out more than any of us. There were 27 children in her age category. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you kids heavy as well? You are bigger but then again so is most of America enjoy your crown for being big!!

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
5 moms liked this

*slow claps* for beating "a bunch of skinny chicks" O_o

cyork2
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this
gees, that's a douche move anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
Society is paying less attention because being big is the norm , it's sad ;(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Congrats!  I am proud that you are self confident and recognize your beauty.  And nasty anon--she didnt win for being big, she won because she is beautiful!

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Awesome  any haters our jerks.  YOUR awesome what   you got :) blowing kisses

vanessajohnson
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Being overweight is nothing to be proud of if it endangers your health.

if you and your children are healthy though, then shake what your mama gave you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM
How is that mean, I think she is pretty

Quoting mom2many747:

Of my girls, my 5 year old is chubby. The other 2 are within the "norm". I didn't post this as a "I got a crown because I'm fat". I posted this to show that society as a whole is paying less attention to the weight aspect.

Although my 5 year old did beat out more than any of us. There were 27 children in her age category. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it amusing that the crown has an apple on it. Ya know, fruit ? that stuff we eat for health and to maintain a healthy weight....An apple crown , in a post about winning a beauty pageant despite your, um, larger size. Isn't that quite ironic?

Congrats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN