Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog PEEING IN HOUSE-Any Suggestions?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 16 Replies

We got a 2.5 year old dog from the Humane Society-He is real sweet but right now he thinks my walls are toilets

We just got him last night and he has been out about 50 times LOL-not kidding though -he has been

He was in the kennel for almost 4 months-so hopefully just because he pee in kennel and that is why he is peeing in house-hopefully this will stop soon-

He is a large dog-

I think he will break the habit-and if I see him trying to pee-I take him immediate out-and also he is starting go to the door-so that is a good sign

Hopefully b/w me taking him out and my other dog teaching him -Hopefully he breaks this soon

I take him out just to breathe right now because if he is in the house I have to watch him every second-he PEES quick on the walls or furniture-Right now he is outside-it is nice day-so he might as well enjoy and I might as well breathe-

Any other suggestions?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM

BUMP!

lifeisajoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

BUMP!

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I've heard you can keep them on a leash close to you all day, but I don't have experience with that.
lifeisajoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Thanks -good idea

Quoting usmcwifey11:

I've heard you can keep them on a leash close to you all day, but I don't have experience with that.

lifeisajoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Then maybe I can get something done-right now I only get something done if he is outside-like right now-I am going to check on him-it is nice out though so I don't feel bad-

Quoting usmcwifey11:

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Look up belly bands.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Crate training is your friend.  Look it up.  You can do it successfully with older dogs.

New2011Mom1991
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My grams dog was picky with peeing. We put and old rug outside for awhile and that's what she used and we began to break her from that because it was easier. It's gonna be like training a puppy. Monitor his bathroom breaks like 30 minutes after he eats/drinks and leave out for awhile until he goes. Then reward for going with treats and praise. It'll take some time but don give up.
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM
My dogs were remarkably easy, but I know how stressful it can be!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks -good idea

Quoting usmcwifey11:

lifeisajoy
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I am doing this leash thing right now-and he is sitting here and I don't have to run around with my head chop off seeing where he is-this leash thing so far working-thanks so much!! Knock on Wood this continues to work-

Quoting usmcwifey11:

My dogs were remarkably easy, but I know how stressful it can be!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks -good idea

Quoting usmcwifey11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured