Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Forgot to pick up my kid!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 200 Replies
1 mom liked this

Left my daughter at a playdate until 10:00 last night.  We had a miscommunication and DH thought I was getting her, I thought he was getting her.  Whoops.  

UPDATE:

So, this thread got picked up a day later and I've been on vacation.  DD is 3 and she was with our old neighbors playing with her little girlfriends. As I said, there are six kids total and it's not a typical "playdate" because the oldest kid (16 yo) babysits my daughter as well.  She has stayed late before - but only when the 16 year old was actually "babysitting" so I guess they didn't think much of it.   

I talked to the mom and teenager since -- they were watching our dog while we were away.  We all laughed it off.  

Specifically what happened was... I was out drinking.  It was my going away party from work, I got a new job.  Knowing I'd be incapacitated, I had DH drop her off between his job and night class.  I expected him to get her after class too, but apparently that went over his head.  He went right home thinking she was with me at the restaurant (not sure where that logic plays in, but I stopped trying to figure it out).  As I was leaving, I called him to say that I was getting a ride home and to plan on bringing me to my car before work in the morning, and btw, how's DD?  He thought I had her.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
7 moms liked this
Dear God I guess she won't be playing over there anymore. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
9 moms liked this

I'm embarassed.  I don't think she'll be banned per se, but not sure that our next invitation is in the mail!  

They have six kids so maybe they didn't notice the extra one? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol I am sure if they had six kids it wasn't to big of a deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm embarassed.  I don't think she'll be banned per se, but not sure that our next invitation is in the mail!  

They have six kids so maybe they didn't notice the extra one? 

Quoting Anonymous:

baby7810
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

y didn't they call you?

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Why didn't they call you? I probably wouldn't mind it too much having an extra child unless I had something to do but I would start worrying around 8pm for the parents. But we all make mistakes and miscommunications happen :)

bloomsr
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM
How could this happen? How old is your daughter?
SadeAyosmom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM

how how how how?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM
21 moms liked this

Lol ok you are probably going to get bashed from the high and mighty perfect moms on this site, but I find it kind of funny. Accidents happen and at least she was at a safe place and not left somewhere like in the car. This will probably never happen again and she isn't harmed by it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN