Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"when will you grow up!!!" dh told adult dd that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

my husband told my 20 year old dd that last night, my dd has been a goth for as long as she can remember, shes always liked the darker things, loved the spooky scenes on fantasia, loved tim burton movies just never started dressing dark until she was 10. anyway so my dd came over last night to ask us to help them move this weekend, she was in her work clothes but all thats required is black pants black shoes and the company shirt so she was wearing black patched skinny jeans,black creepers (doc martins?) and her company shirt. my husband was in the kitchen when she came in and as he walked around the corner and groans and goes "god damn it Elizabeth when will you grow up and get out of this stupid phase!!! your a god damn parent for crying out loud ACT LIKE ONE!!!" my dd just looks at him and says " hey you took me to hot topic when i was 10 get over it" and then goes back to talking to me about helping her move this weekend, her dad then says "you better not have all those bullshit flags and stupid dark banners all over the place" my dd just says "you know what im gonna leave, when dad stops taking shots let me know and i'll come back" (dh has been taking shots every night,like one or 2,since dd moved out) *sigh* im so glad dh is going out to his mothers this weekend, then it'll just be me, my brother,dd,her df,and my grandson and no drama....other then moving drama

im just going to post this here so i dont have to keep doing so in the comments....since i see so many of you thinking that she dresses like the goths in the movies

she actually toned it down a lot when she had her son,she used to wear trench coats and corsets (well she still wears corsets sometimes) now she wears tank tops,spaghetti strapped shirts and tripp pants or whatever other brand they have at hot topic lol she doesnt wear heavy make up anymore (just eye liner and lip stick) and she doesnt wear those extensions they have at hot topic anymore either.and just to add to that she starts going to veterinary school in the fall, all that is required is they take out facial piercings and wear scrubs, my dd bought black scrubs with butterflies on it, and has no facial piercings, she doesnt have to cover her tattoos or anything like that, her being like this doesnt effect anything she does in any way shape or form. even when she went all out no one batted an eye lash because of how she presented herself

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Sounds like your dh needs to lay off the shots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

sadly even when he's not taking shots he says that to dd.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM
: ( I wouldn't like that. He may not agree with it but she is an adult and he should respect her enough to keep his opinions to himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

: ( I wouldn't like that. He may not agree with it but she is an adult and he should respect her enough to keep his opinions to himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah until we had dd he was never like this, then he became a psycho and tries to dictae what dd does all the time......he kept such a tight hold on dd she ended up running to a clinic when she met her df and got on birth control (doesnt sound horrible right? lol dh doesnt want any woman on birth control and flipped when he found out she was on it when she got pregnant) and then dd ended up pregnant because her body rejected her birth control after 3 sessions of it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

dh is going off on one of his rants again....saying how its my families fault dd is like this....am i allowed to smack him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN