Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Don't judge us

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 60 Replies
6 moms liked this
I am a nanny and my boss is out of town on business and her ex husband and I are perfectly capable of taking care of the kids while she's gone.

So the youngest gets a fever and I can tell he's sick so I send mom a text and tell her I gave him Tylenol and then her ex tells her overnight he had a fever and he had to give him Tylenol plus now he has a cough

She wants him to go to the doctor so she calls and makes an appointment.

Dad had to leave today as soon as I got here for his own business trip.

So I take him to the doctor and when the nurse says follow mommy to the room I say ohh I'm his nanny she just looks at us and walks into the room.

So she asks me about his symptoms and I tell her and then she leaves and the doctor comes in.

The first thing out of her mouth is "let me get this straight, you're the nanny?" And I say yes and she says "well his MOM should be here" I say well moms on a business trip and I'm more than capable of answering your questions.

She becomes short with me and although she looks at him and such she just isn't really nice after that.

Mom does usually take him, she just can't today. Heck this is the third in his almost 4 years that I've had to take him to the doctor and I can answer the same questions mom can so get off your high horses and take care of the sick kid on front of you rather than judge his mom because she is a working single mother who can't always take off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
7 moms liked this

I hate when Drs get snotty. 

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Yup. There was no reason for her attitude

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM
4 moms liked this

If you have taken him before the doctors and nurses should know you and if you are authorized to take him to seek medical treatment they should not have a problem with you.

thecoffeefairy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM
How hateful. That's what nannies do!
delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

He has good people caring for him. I bet you would not have gotten an attitude if you were his grandma. His mother had to work and he obviously has a relationship with you and it is important to have other people outside a family to help with a child. I bet there are many things you brong to that child that nobody else does. It does not take away from the parents....it adds. 

Quoting Roxygurl:

Yup. There was no reason for her attitude

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this
It should not be an issues if the parents signed for you to take him...
If she has not signed then they should not see the child unless it's
an emergency.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I had to do that with my exs daughter. He could NOT get out of work early enough to bring her to the drs. And it was not her bio moms weekend to have her ( she obv was no help) He did call the dr ahead of time and explain the symptoms and let the iffice k ow i would be bringing her in. When i got there they checked my i.d. and i just updated the dr on her symptoms... No biggie
bad_mama2011
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I think they may have been bitchy about it because you can't legally make any medical decisions on his behalf without his parents' consent. I had to write a note for my own mother to take my son to the doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)