Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cursing around kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
When I get upset, I yell and use curse words around my kids. What do you do when you get to that "really mad" point? Any suggestions on temper control?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charligirl33
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I cuss around my kids whether I'm mad or not. They know there are words that only adults may say. They have a list of "kid bad words" that they may use. I'm an adult. I don't have to follow the same rules as my child. 

macysmom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I do not cuss around mine, but best believe I say fuck when she isn't around!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I don't curse around the children or even use omg.  When I get really, really mad I send the kids to their rooms and tell them, they are or aren't the cause of my being so angry.  I need to cool off.

SterlingHeart
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

we use bad words all the time to express anger or frustration 

we are not ones to use the F word as an adjective or pro-noun or adverb 

when we are in public i always look about for other peoples kids -- never wanting to offend them --- our kids think nothing of it and know they are not allowed to imulate mom and dad and with adult hood they can make their choice --- i was raised with it and so was hubby.....  i always feel sad for those sheltered kids that act like hearing a cuss word is like seeing the devil himself in the flesh or their ears my bleed ---- i don't believe in sheltering a child to the point of typical social situations being a damn shock 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I don't. I do yell though which is worse than cussing.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM

"Do as I say, not as I Do."
my child is well aware that the difference between children and adults are vast and what we do and what she does are very different things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Lmao. The devil himself! Ha!

Quoting SterlingHeart:

we use bad words all the time to express anger or frustration 

we are not ones to use the F word as an adjective or pro-noun or adverb 

when we are in public i always look about for other peoples kids -- never wanting to offend them --- our kids think nothing of it and know they are not allowed to imulate mom and dad and with adult hood they can make their choice --- i was raised with it and so was hubby.....  i always feel sad for those sheltered kids that act like hearing a cuss word is like seeing the devil himself in the flesh or their ears my bleed ---- i don't believe in sheltering a child to the point of typical social situations being a damn shock 

princeessville
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
We don't cuss but make up words .... shitaki mushrooms(shit) lol or hell-o kitty (instead of hell no) things like that...
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I do t swear often but swearing is not a big deal to me. My rule is if its not at someone I don't care. Like saying "you're a fucking moron" is a no no, saying fuck when you stub your toe- meh its just a word.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

hell, when I'm happy, I cuss, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN