Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

1 car families- how do you do it?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

Dh's car is being repaired so we've been down to one car for a week now. I feel like a freaking shut in. I'm losing my mind not being able to leave the house! I have no idea how much longer the repairs are going to take, hopefully not more than another week. How do you keep your sanity?????

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jasminemomof3
by Mrs. Ali on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

by keeping it lol

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Well dh works nights and I don't go anywhere at night. We are both home during the day
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
We have a park within walking distance
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Because I'm a single mom LOL. If there was another driver then I probably couldn't do it. Gotta have my car.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Because I'm a single mom LOL. If there was another driver then I probably couldn't do it. Gotta have my car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I had to do it for April of last year (when DH's car broke down) Until August when we finally pulled the money together to buy a used one. It was going to cost more to repair the car than it was worth. 

I had to keep the car. We would get up at 5am as a family take him to work. Then I would drive the kids to school. I drove about 100 miles a day doing this. In Texas heat with no air conditioner. You find a way to make it work if you need to keep the vehichle or you just stay home. 

I was also working 9-midnight shifts from home. So I was one tired momma. 

-42-
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
We live close to everything. There's a grocery store, shopping center, pharmacy, park, library, hospital, and school all within walking distance.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
DF doesn't drive so its easy.
PEEK05
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I tried it for one day and didn't last.  I changed my mind and we went back to a 2 car family lol.

Horsey_Mom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Finding a hobby that you can do at home, but it sounds like it is just temporary for you. It really isn't all that bad once you are used to it. We have had only one car for the past four years. You do what you gotta do, ya know :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)