Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ds scared the crap out of me

I found him in the room with a bottle of windex pointed in his mouth. I grabbed it and panicked, I was trying to look for the poison control number but I couldn't think straight. I started to call my grandma but then dh told me to calm down the bottle was on lock mode. Those few seconds was so scary. Please program that number in your phone, it can save a life. That's the whole point of this post.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, it's in my cell phone, on the fridge, and on the cork board in the hallway. Always has been, always will be, even though my kids are now past that stage, it's a valuable number to always have around. 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
OR you could just watch your kid.
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM
He's two. We keep it in the bathroom cabinet under the sink. It was left out from yesterday but he know better than to go in the cabinet.

Quoting KimberlyMKasten:

That would have scared me too. On a side note...How old is your child? Why was he able to get to the windex so easily. Our cleaning supplies are all locked in a cupboard.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM
What huge amount of time on cm? I sure as hell don't. My sn stays logged in at all times though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure it was in locked mode the whole time? And maybe if you didnt spend a huge amount of time in cafemom your DS would not be squirting windex in his mouth?
Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

shit happens but you really need to keep cleaning supplies where I cant reach them

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

where HE can't reach them.  not I lol

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I'm sure most people would panic, that's why I made the post.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

That would have scared me too. Glad he is okay.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

That is NOT a safe place to keep cleaning supplies. I am not judging or bitching but you really need to move them. 2 is not a age where you should trust "he knows better" because obviously left out or not he does now understand not to drink it. Please move the supplies before you end up having to use the number. We have ours in the laundry room above the washer and dryer.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

He's two. We keep it in the bathroom cabinet under the sink. It was left out from yesterday but he know better than to go in the cabinet.

Quoting KimberlyMKasten:

That would have scared me too. On a side note...How old is your child? Why was he able to get to the windex so easily. Our cleaning supplies are all locked in a cupboard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Im always seeing post made by you, or you replying to post.

Quoting ReaIisticBeauty:

What huge amount of time on cm? I sure as hell don't. My sn stays logged in at all times though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure it was in locked mode the whole time? And maybe if you didnt spend a huge amount of time in cafemom your DS would not be squirting windex in his mouth?
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Thanks. I did that already.

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

Glad he's ok. Make sure to check his tongue though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN