Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scariest Moment of your Life..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

What is the scariest moment of your life?

Something involving your kids.

Something not involving your kids.

Scariest moment involving my kids was probably when my 1 year old was playing in his room and I had the window open (with a screen in place). I had been playing with him, but had made a quick trip to the ladies room (which was only a few feet away) I hear him start to cry to run into the room to find him standing in the window leaning on the screen. I almost died. For the rest of that day I held onto him and just kept replaying the "what-if" scenario in my head. I could have lost my baby that day. We live in the second floor of an apartment with nothing but concrete below the windows. It was a terrifying way to find out my baby could climb.. I still feel shitty even typing this up.

A scary moment not involving my kids was a time my parents were fighting growing up. We left for the store and when we came back my dad was waiting in the living room with a gun.. I don't remember much after that though, but he eventually put the gun away.

Share your story.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

when i saw someone get stabbed and wondered if i was next

jojo_star
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Involving my kids-the day I had my son, scariest, most terrifying day of my life, and I will never forget the fear and panic I felt. 

Not involving my kids-Car wreck when I was a little girl. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

When my son was 2 and had chicken pox. I kept calling the dr and they would blow me off saying it was normal. I just took him up there and he was immediately admitted to the hospital. The dr said had I not brought him in he would have been dead within 24 hours. One of the pox had abcessed into his chest cavity.

When I had my now 9 year old son. I had him alone in the bedroom while in congestive heart failure. My now ex would not take me to the hospital and I could not get to the phone to call anyone. My baby spent 2 weeks in NICU at Childrens and we did not know if he was going to make it for the first week. I was in the hospital pretty much on my death bed and could not be with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM
When I fell about 20ft. Luckily didn't feel impact (not sure how? Shock I guess) but felt it after. I broke my humerus.. Well shattered and split it.
emerald.forest
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Having a placental abruption with my 2nd pregnancy and knowing I was bleeding to death and my baby could have been dying.
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Scariest with my kid.. when I was sitting there with her hooked up to heart monitors when she was a baby and they were telling me she was very young so it may heal itself, but she may need a heart transplant if it doesn't turn itself around and get any better, because it had gotten worse since her last appointment. I didn't hear anything she said after that. I tunnel visioned like a mofo. (The situation did turn itself around. She has been cleared now, actually, and only has one appt. a few yrs down the road for precaution. She was checked out for a heart murmur at first, which at the time I didn't think was serious, but her main heart valve had been "thickening". Which means if it continued it could have began leaking.)
I prefer to keep the other scary moment to myself.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
my 2 year old choking on a popsicle that was lodged in her throat and turning blue
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
So far nothing scary with my son...knocks on wood nothing happens anytime soon.
Something scary was when my husband was diagnosed with stage two testicular cancer and we began treatment. He is healthy now but it was scary during treatments and surgery
To_the_moon
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was close to having my daughter my midwife said that I'd hear her cry and that it was a good thing to hear. Well when the time came and I had her she didn't make a sound. My heart stopped and I started to panic. But all of a sudden she was on my chest and just staring at me, that's when I knew she was ok.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
When I heard that my sons cord was around his neck.
When my mom and dad got in to a huge drunken fight and my mom pulled a gun on him. I called to cops on my mom that night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN