Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

prob gunna get bashed but oh well

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd is driving me freaking nuts!! I had dd2 2 weeks ago and since we've been home from the hospital my older dd is up my asshole. Hanging all over me, alllll in her sisters face. I know she's 4 and has to adjust but between the sleep deprivation and hormones she's literally on my last nerve. I know I'm terrible for saying this, I know I asked for it by having another child but Geeze oh man I need to breathe.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

You should have thought about the first one before you had the second one.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I just wrote a speech for someone else on how I prevented jealousy with my kids with each addition. but preparing her before and having her deal with the baby are two different things. you have to teach her how to be gentle with the baby and make her help. its also very important to not segretate them simply because the baby is new/fragile. when ever she is curious or wants her sister let her hold her (on the couch of course). always tell her that you love her and that her sibling loves her. don't be afraid to put the baby down to give your dd1 some one on one loving or attention. do a special craft or puzzle when the baby is sleeping (it works best if baby isn't sleeping in your arms), and so on. :)

baby #4 is 3ish weeks away and I never had any jealousy when I had ds2 or ds3. my boys are 5.5, 4, and 1.5 right now :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

my thoughts would be that she is jealous of the baby and is acting out because of it. to me that means that you didn't adequately prepare her for her sisters arrival :)

I thought I had. I was open and honest with her and included her in everything

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quoting bustybee:

I told dd at 12 weeks. Took her to all ultrasounds, she was smitten the whole time I was pregnant. She still is she's just very aggressive. She holds baby anytime she wants, she now gets an allowance for feeding the dogs daily, we still do our normal bed time routine too. She was at the hospital as soon as I was out of recovery and stayed all day till she wanted to leave. She helps bathe/change feed at her disposal meaning when she wants to help I let her but I don't make her help or ask her to do too much for the baby. I don't want her to resent the baby. I think she's just overwhelmed too, its an adjustment for everyone I know that and I know in time it'll calm down. Tomorrow night dd is staying at my moms all by herself and seems excited about it...it was her idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

She wants attention!  Give her some,  just because you have another child doesn't give you license to ignore your older child!

Def not ignoring her. We baked together yesterday but thanks for your assinine reply
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM

You're so very welcome,  glad I could help!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

She wants attention!  Give her some,  just because you have another child doesn't give you license to ignore your older child!

Def not ignoring her. We baked together yesterday but thanks for your assinine reply

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You should have thought about the first one before you had the second one.

Wow. OK. I did. Actually dd begged for a little sister. But thanks for being supportive. Rude.
theshanster17
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Have you tried involving her with helping out with baby? At this age, they're so willing to help out with everything that the attention she gets from her helping out might stop her from doing negative things for attention.

DD1 just under 3 when I had DD2 and she never went through a clingy transition or anything, but I think that's just part of her attitude. However, I still tried to get her to be "involved" with little things when it came to the baby, like handing me the diaper or helping soothe her sister or something.

JewelJones
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Im not sure if girls are different but I didn't have that problem with my boys. When I had my second, my oldest wanted to help all time and when I had my third, who is almost 1, now, his brothers make my life easier by finding stuff for me (paci, diapers, etc.), holding him for me (my oldest {5} helps with that and has done it since my 3rd was born) and other things. They understand that I have and had to tend to him, but they also have each other which helps. Try to stay patient. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
No problem. We are only human. We can try, but we won't keep it together all the time. And you just had a baby. Your hormones are all over the place. After all four of my kids in had the baby blues for like 3 weeks. I cried all day every day. You will be okay sweetie. Going from 1-2 kids is difficult. But after the second the rest are a breeze. Not to say you still won't have your moments. But you will know how to handle them better. And I'm convinced most the bitches in this group REALLY aren't bitches. I think they're nasty just because they are bored. And its easy to be an ass online where nobody knows you. So take it with a grain of salt :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound overwhelmed. Totally normal. No judgement here. Take a breather. Nothing wrong with putting DD#1 down with a movie. Lay the baby down and step outside for a bit. Or take a bath. You're not just a mom , you're a woman also with normal emotions.

Wow. Thank you for such a supportive response
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM
No problem. We are only human. We can try, but we won't keep it together all the time. And you just had a baby. Your hormones are all over the place. After all four of my kids i had the baby blues for like 3 weeks. I cried all day every day. You will be okay sweetie. Going from 1-2 kids is difficult. But after the second the rest are a breeze. Not to say you still won't have your moments. But you will know how to handle them better. And I'm convinced most the bitches in this group REALLY aren't bitches. I think they're nasty just because they are bored. And its easy to be an ass online where nobody knows you. So take it with a grain of salt :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound overwhelmed. Totally normal. No judgement here. Take a breather. Nothing wrong with putting DD#1 down with a movie. Lay the baby down and step outside for a bit. Or take a bath. You're not just a mom , you're a woman also with normal emotions.

Wow. Thank you for such a supportive response
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured