Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

prob gunna get bashed but oh well

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dd is driving me freaking nuts!! I had dd2 2 weeks ago and since we've been home from the hospital my older dd is up my asshole. Hanging all over me, alllll in her sisters face. I know she's 4 and has to adjust but between the sleep deprivation and hormones she's literally on my last nerve. I know I'm terrible for saying this, I know I asked for it by having another child but Geeze oh man I need to breathe.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
rphardwick
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

This will pass mama ... deep breaths

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Oh and my kids are 6,5,3 and 3 months . My oldest 3 are ALL over the baby ALL the time. It drives me nuts because they overwhelm him. I love that they love him so much. But they need to realize he isn't a toy. So I set aside cuddle time where they each get to hold him or help feed him at some point in the day. And give her projects to do. Whether its helping you or arts and crafts. She is used to all your attention so she may just be bored :)

Quoting Anonymous:

No problem. We are only human. We can try, but we won't keep it together all the time. And you just had a baby. Your hormones are all over the place. After all four of my kids i had the baby blues for like 3 weeks. I cried all day every day. You will be okay sweetie. Going from 1-2 kids is difficult. But after the second the rest are a breeze. Not to say you still won't have your moments. But you will know how to handle them better. And I'm convinced most the bitches in this group REALLY aren't bitches. I think they're nasty just because they are bored. And its easy to be an ass online where nobody knows you. So take it with a grain of salt :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound overwhelmed. Totally normal. No judgement here. Take a breather. Nothing wrong with putting DD#1 down with a movie. Lay the baby down and step outside for a bit. Or take a bath. You're not just a mom , you're a woman also with normal emotions.

Wow. Thank you for such a supportive response
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Quoting bustybee:

my thoughts would be that she is jealous of the baby and is acting out because of it. to me that means that you didn't adequately prepare her for her sisters arrival :)

How do you prepare a once only child toddler at that for a new baby
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
*eye roll*

Quoting Anonymous:

You should have thought about the first one before you had the second one.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM
It's an adjustment going from 1 to 2. Take a breath.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM
You can think your child is prepared all you want. But until that baby comes you have no idea how they will react. So take your nose and pull it out of the air.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

my thoughts would be that she is jealous of the baby and is acting out because of it. to me that means that you didn't adequately prepare her for her sisters arrival :)

How do you prepare a once only child toddler at that for a new baby
sassysuie
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I'm sorry, it can be hard!

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My boys were like that when I had my last baby. I am sorry you are feeling that way. I agree try spending more time with oldest DD and maybe she wont be jealous of the new baby. Try and let her help you out maybe she will like that too. My niece (not the same because she didnt live here with us) she was just turning 5 when I had my DD and she liked helping out and playing mommy. I believe if I could have more kids my youngest DD4 she would be like that to. She hangs on me now i cant imagine what she would be like if I had another baby LOL. 

♫ ♪Cozy Mama♪ ♫ ♡We will be known by the tracks we leave behind♡
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

That wasnt for me was its
Mrsmayaguy
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM

This is just what I did & it worked for my kids who were all very young once another child came home.  I got them dolls and we carried those everywhere.  The doll took naps, did story time, we even spoke softer around the dolls.  We played up the big brother aspects.  Tshirts and books etc.

But also I placed my eldest in childcare for 2 hrs a day 4 days a week (my neighbor ).  In the afternoon I had my baby go to my neighbor for an hour.  The alone time with both kids REALLY helped.  I kept this up when I added the third little one.  

I don't think talking to a toddler is enough since they don't process things permanently so I really think the do,ls helped.  Good luck.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)