Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I feel like the only overweight chic that doesn't find it an attractive thing.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
  • 182 Replies
3 moms liked this

I see all these posts about how sexy you can be obese, or how thick is hot. I just don't get it. I'm over weight. Not to the point, though, of being grotesque or anything. I'm in decent shape but I really like to eat. After four kids, and eating what I want the pounds have added up. I'm not proud of it. I don't think it's sexy and I'm working on losing it.

I've never been small and will never wear anything below a 12 which is what would be the norm for my body. I'm not so ashamed of my body that I hide it from my husband. It's not like I think women need to be a size 2 to be cute, but really, can we really consider ourselves actually sexy when we are overweight? I can FEEL sexy, and I can look as sexy to my husband as I can at the weight I am at, but this shouldn't be a thing to which my daughters strive.

For all the ladies out there that aren't small, how do you feel about being bigger and being sexy?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm bigger and sooooo not sexy. I hate how I look especially since I have seen myself smaller.
cLanief
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I was kicking 200 at one point and im only 5'1. There was nothing sexy about fat rolls and losing my breath walking up stairs or playing with my kid.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Have you lost a lot of weight since then?

Quoting cLanief:

I was kicking 200 at one point and im only 5'1. There was nothing sexy about fat rolls and losing my breath walking up stairs or playing with my kid.

SJG1013
by SJG on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not happy about my weight. I am working on getting it back down. I agree with you!
mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I don't really feel any self hate...I just know this isn't a sexy looking body compared to the smaller body I could be rocking.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

I'm bigger and sooooo not sexy. I hate how I look especially since I have seen myself smaller.

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I've never felt sexy on an ongoing basis. I've had low self esteem my entire life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I am with you. I hate my body, and ill never be smaller than 10 I am shooting for 12, I am an 18 right now, been a 24.
jesistar6910
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I hate how I look. I've been working on it for six months now.

Six months ago I was at 315, I am now at 275. I'm gross still. I have rolls, and back fat and all the grossness that comes along with it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

LOL It seemed like I was the only larger chick who hit the middle ground between not finding myself attractive but not sobbing into a bowl of ice cream, either.

Quoting SJG1013:

I am not happy about my weight. I am working on getting it back down. I agree with you!

Xanbuttsmom
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I don't hate myself. I just hate how I look.

Quoting mem82:

I guess I don't really feel any self hate...I just know this isn't a sexy looking body compared to the smaller body I could be rocking.

Quoting Xanbuttsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN