Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food pet peeve

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 47 Replies
Ok, I have no problem sharing my food. But I do not like it when people basically beg, or force me to do so. Its one of my pet peeves. For example I hate when my kid sees me eatting something and begs me for some while he's holding a sandwich lol but my dh takes shit to a whole other level. I decided to order take out tonight cause its mu bday weekend :-)

I handed him the menu and asked him what he wanted. He said the same thing I got last time. Ok np! I even got him something extra that I knew he would like. I ordered the food. I served it and say down and started eating.

Right away dh askes what am I eating. I answered him. Then he saw I had something extra and asks well what is that. I told him what it was. He all of a sudden got annoyed mumbling something. When I opened the extra goody right away he says can I get a bite. I broke off a piece and gave it to him. At this point I'm annoyed cause I could have sworn I asked what he wanted. Since he saw I got annoyed he flipped.

Carrying on about I didn't even ask him when I was ordering if he wanted one, and that his food isn't allot (it was the and amount of food), he went into a compete tantrum. So I apologized and said I asked you what you wanted I'm sorry. Which made him stop for about 2 mins and he decided to flip again saying I should have told him what I was getting cause now he wants it.

At this point I pushed my food at him and said here take the fucking food. He flips and says I don't want your food. O.o wtf!

Ok vent over. I know its dumb but he just started to argue with me again telling me he's disappointed cause I should know better. Lol Ahhhh. So much for a nice bday weekend.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyRoseLC
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Ugh typos sorry on mobile.
wumbo
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Okay pause. Birthday weekend? Do people actually do that?
DestinyRoseLC
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM
My family does lol I get dragged to my familys houses through out the weekend :-)

Quoting wumbo:

Okay pause. Birthday weekend? Do people actually do that?
divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds like a moody little baby.
DestinyRoseLC
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Lol yes, yes he does

Quoting divinedimension:

He sounds like a moody little baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of arguing over food. If I have something DH wants, I split it with him. If he has something I want, he splits it with me. If it's something we're hell bent on not sharing, the other person finds something else to eat. No hard feelings.

Do people really fight over this shit?

waffa
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I have no problem sharing or giving a bite to someone. Perhaps you have some food anxiety from childhood that makes you dislike it so much?

<---armchair counsellor

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok.  You both seem overreactive and melodramatic. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

He would have been wearing my birthday dinner.

britadams10
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

ugghhh my little brothers gf always takes food while i'm eating it. just a bite or two but i'm like get the fuck off my spoon lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured