Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child molester working at grocery store

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
  • 122 Replies
How would you feel if you found out that a child molester worked at/managed a local store that you go to often? Tonight me, dh, and ds went grocery shopping. I go to Kroger for most of my shopping, but there is a dollar store right next door where I pick up things like toilet paper, toiletries, etc.. Well tonight we went in there and long story short, dh realizes that the guy at the register is also on the sex offender registry in our town for child molestation. It creeped me the hell out. Dh took Wyatt outside while I checked out. I tried my best to be polite. Idk if I will be able to shop there anymore.

Could you shop somewhere where you knew a known sex offender/child molester worked?

I know they have to make a living like everyone else, but I'm just disgusted by people that could hurt children like that..

ETA: I know all sex offenders aren't child molesters, but this man is.

ETA2: My dh and I check the registry occasionally because we would like to know if Chester the molester lives around the corner from us. I'm surprised that so many people have asked why 'my dh knows the registry so well'. It'd not like he memorized it. He saw this guy on there and remembered.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yes, I would continue to shop there. 

kaylaybaby666
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Nope
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Not all sex offenders are child molesters. So idk. I'm always weird though about any body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes, the ones that are out in public and on those lists don't bother me nearly as much as the ones who aren't identified yet. I may not approve of what he has done, but he paid his dues. And if anything happened he's the first suspect. I'm more worried about the one no one knows about.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I know that not all sex offenders are child molester, but this one is. It lists the offenses.

Quoting zeenah:

Not all sex offenders are child molesters. So idk. I'm always weird though about any body.

petie1104
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Yeah but I'd keep a close eye on my kids if they were with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Why does your husband know the sex offender list so in depth? Also, why would it matter if this guy checks you out, he needs to survive, and he may not have been with a child, maybe he peed in public????? I wouldn't make a big deal of it...

toadilyawesome
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldnt shop there again. I would drive out of my way if I had to. I do realize that people like that need the money and whatnot too but they also need to work where there isnt a chance that there will be children.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Yeah I would still go. Least he was able to find a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured