Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so fed up with his job.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
We just moved to New area where dh got a job managing a family dollar dollar. He doesn't make any where near enough money to support our family so I need to go to work. Not to mention I want to go to work. Well its fucking impossible and is driving me up the wall. His job can't decide on a schedule and now it's just making me so mad! He's been working two weeks and 6 times now his job magically changed his hours every time he goes in. Today he is scheduled till two now he had to work till 5. We have one car and live in a small town so every thing is a bit of a drive. I don't expect him to " tell" his boss what to do but I do expect him to at least say Gerry I need to at least try and work what I'm scheduled, my wife is trying to get a job around what you guys schedule me and she can't because you keep changing stuff. Say it respectfully and professionally but say it so they know!
I'm getting so effing mad because our family is suffering and I can't fix it
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Generally in retail, there is no set schedule.
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM

at least he has a job. there's plenty who will do anything for that job

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I went through that with Dh last year. It can be so difficult. Being in a small town probably makes it even harder for you to find a job. Could you/are you willing to maybe babysit? Then you wouldn't have to leave/work around his schedule. I hate when bosses don't understand that most people don't live and breathe their place of employment
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I'm not looking for a set schedule like every Monday he works until 5 or something I'm looking for hey your scheduled off at 5 it's time to leave now. How the heck can i get a job if I have to tell them "well he should be home at 2 today but maybe 5 or 6 so I'll just come when I can ."

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:11 AM
I want to know what family if for could live on 8.50 an hour alone.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Work overnights. Babysit. He is the manager, right? The manager can't always leave when scheduled.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not looking for a set schedule like every Monday he works until 5 or something I'm looking for hey your scheduled off at 5 it's time to leave now. How the heck can i get a job if I have to tell them "well he should be home at 2 today but maybe 5 or 6 so I'll just come when I can ."

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I wouldn't mind but right now we aren't in our own place yet so that's not really an option. Until I get a job we can't afford our own place he is making that little. It stinks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I went through that with Dh last year. It can be so difficult. Being in a small town probably makes it even harder for you to find a job. Could you/are you willing to maybe babysit? Then you wouldn't have to leave/work around his schedule. I hate when bosses don't understand that most people don't live and breathe their place of employment
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
He needs to find another job. My husband makes way more than that an hour, and he's not even a manager.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel20:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I wouldn't mind baby sitting but we aren't in our own place so I can't do that yet, we can't get our own place until we have the income for that with out me working we don't have that. Vicious cycle right? Heh I can't work over nights sadly. Nights are 11 -7 and since we one only have one car and he usually goes in at 6 am for the past few days any way. Also no one to watch the kids after he leaves.
Something needs to give, done other job he applied for needs to call or something because I can't even diaper a butt on the wages he gets

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Work overnights. Babysit. He is the manager, right? The manager can't always leave when scheduled.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I know!! Fucking Jim Bob st McDonald's makes more than that!!! Ugh I'm sorry I don't mean to bitch at you you're done stranger on the internet im just ready to pull my hair out!

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

He needs to find another job. My husband makes way more than that an hour, and he's not even a manager.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel20:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)