Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you think of a mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
Who's divorced and her youngest child is sick the weekend he's supposed to be with daddy.

The doctor says nothing is wrong, no ear infection or step throat but he does have a fever that goes up to 102 so he's been on Tylenol and Advil for 3 days straight.

Mom has made plans to spend a romantic weekend with her boyfriend and dad has a business meeting a few hours away so the kids will be left with a babysitter the kids have known their entire life for about 24 hours.

Would you expect the mom to cancel her plans this weekend? Would you think she's a bad mother for leaving her child knowing he's sick?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vindicated
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:18 AM

how old is kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
He's almost 4

Quoting vindicated:

how old is kid?

jbirdsladie27
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM
No, all the way around. I'd go, let dad deal, sounds like a trusted sitter so BYE!! Have fun! Be safe!
vindicated
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM

any diareah, vomitting, chest congestion?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's almost 4

Quoting vindicated:

how old is kid?

H.E.Smama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Mmm i wouldn't go but i don't think it makes someone else a bad parent if they do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
No but at the same time, if it were my child I would stay home and take care of him, but that's just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:21 AM
This makes me feel better, I felt guilty for leaving but I know he's on trusted hands. For all his faults as a husband he's still a wonderful father and our babysitter is someone we've known for almost 8 years now and the kids love her.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

No, all the way around. I'd go, let dad deal, sounds like a trusted sitter so BYE!! Have fun! Be safe!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I would change plans, my kid would come first

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
No
No
No

Just a fever. He's not even acting terribly sick either. He's not quite himself but he is playing and laughing, he's not whiny or fussy.

Quoting vindicated:

any diareah, vomitting, chest congestion?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's almost 4

Quoting vindicated:

how old is kid?

ladyhekuba
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this

A businees meeting on a weekend? Yea right. Sounds like dad wants to skip out on his parental duties. I would stay with my kid and my S/O would just have to understand my kids come firt even though their bio dad is an ass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured