Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if your partner......

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 38 Replies
So what would you do if you found out your bf/so/dh was a racist, What would you do and how would you feel?
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't leave him over it. I would just ask him to be respectful around others and me and to not bash a race in front of our child. My dh is no where near racist so it's not really a concern of mine.
Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
:)

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't leave him over it. I would just ask him to be respectful around others and me and to not bash a race in front of our child. My dh is no where near racist so it's not really a concern of mine.

LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this

lol he's not really a racist, he just thinks he's better than everyone - regardless of race, or gender...

Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM
My SO is the same way. Lol

Quoting LectioDivina:

lol he's not really a racist, he just thinks he's better than everyone - regardless of race, or gender...

tifbrown
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM
He kind of is. I don't like it, but over the years I have helped open his eyes to become more tolerant and accepting.
Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM
How did you deal with it at first?

Quoting tifbrown:

He kind of is. I don't like it, but over the years I have helped open his eyes to become more tolerant and accepting.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I would have a HUGE problem with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I would tell him he would have to change. 

jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I wouldn't have married him. That is something I made sure to find out before hand, I wouldn't marry someone so bigoted and close-minded. 

xanayda
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I guess if he was TRULY racist and he wanted to kill every person that was different than him, then i'd leave but if it was more of a prejudice type thing than i'd help him to be tolerant of others and stuff. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured