Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD Got hit by a car yesterday *UPDATE 2*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We live right across from the school. She begged me to let her go by herself this year. The guy that hit her paid no attention to the crossing guard. He hit my daughter head on and clipped the crossing guard. Dd is in surgery again. Its her second. Im so scared. Shes only 9. She cant be takeb from me. What do i do? I need to help her. Her birthday is tusday. We were having a special party. She begged for this party. Pleade god make her ok. I need help. I need to help her. Please god help her

Eta: shes out of surgery. It was a long morning. They havent let me see her yet but said they repaired the tear in her spleen and stopped the internal bleeding. She hasnt woken up. The dr said we just have to wait and see but she is in picu and considered critical but stable.

I havent gotten to all of the responses yet but thank you everyone for the well wishes. To answer some questions i saw:

The driver has been arrested but charges are pending. Idk exaclty how fast he was going but i was watching out the window and i can say it was definitely more than 30mph. The crossinh guard is ok. Shes bruised but nothing ia broken. She spent quite a few hours here yesyerday waiting with me while my daughter was in surgery the first time. The first surgery was to put in a shunt because she had swelling around her brain.

My heart hurts so bad right now. I spent the night with her. I keep looking at her face and she looks nothing like my little girl. Her face is so swollen and bruised :'(

The last time i saw her with her eyes open and lookibg like my little girl she was smiling and saying thank you to the crossing guard. I just want her to wake up...to ask about her party...to be excited about her presents...to whine at me about having to go to bed. I would give anything just to hear her voice or see her smile.

I asked if there would be brain damage. The drs dont know yet. They have to do an eeg but.are waiting on that until everything else is taken care of. She has one more surgery as of now. That one will be to set the compound fracture in her leg. Please pray for my baby.

Update 2: sorry It has taken me so long to update. My daughter has gne through a lot of stuggles this week, including a small stroke. I want to thamk you all for your prayers. My little girl is awake and althugh she's not quite back to her old self, she is smiling and attempting to talk to me. This is Only a quick update as I'm mobile and typing on My phone is difficult.

I did want to adress a comment I read about me beimg a troll and something about a girl from baltimore. My heart goes out to that girls family but we are not one in the same. I find It offensive that I came there for prayers for My little girl and multiple people accuse me of beimg a troll. That being said, I want to Thank you all again for your prayers. I an overwhelmed with all of the responses and have not been able to read them all but appreciate them none the less.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (351-355):
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I'm sending my prayers mama. I'm so sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Bump
dlnimo
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Sending prayers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
BUMP
vermontmoms
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM
So glad your DD is awake and attempting to smile and talk. Those are all great signs. Just remember brain injuries take a long time to heal and recover. In the hospital she will have good days and bad days. Stay strong and don't get discouraged! She sounds like a little fighter!

We're praying for your daughter and you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured