Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**EDIT**We got into a horrible car accident this morning... whats gonna happen now? help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

We were driving on a turnpike and the car in front of us stopped out of nowhere and we couldnt stop in time. We ended up rear ending the car. We were going at 5/ mphs limit was 55 or 60. Do you think were gonna be held responisble for this? Both of the cars look a huge wreck. Both of the driver n passanger airbags exploded. Otherwise I think I woulda been dead. Im still so shocked up, thankfully our kids were not in the car only dh my sis n her bf. We were in shock at first didnt even know what to do, no one was hurt at the scene but now we are all in severe body pain. My sis just went to the ER, i cant afford to go.
The driver claims they hit a deer but idk how that happened theres was no view of a deer or damage on the front of his car. They didnt even bother to get out
and check on us. It took me a while to get my door open i was inhaling so much of that powder from the airbag. I thought our winshield broke cuz my face felt like glass had exploded on it.
We already called to file the claim but we dont have full coverage. What do you think is gonna happen? We have no spare car , im just so in shocked and depressed. I felt my life flash back in like 2 seconds, first thing I did when I got home was break down and cried and hugged my children.

EDIT* 4/28 

We just found out yesterday that the other car was a rental car from Enterprise. I don't know if that makes a difference and if that's gonna take longer for it to be resolved. Also I forgot to mention, the truck driver that was the witness was on the left lane as this happened, it's not like we could go move to the left lane to avoid hitting the car. In my eyes we were not tail gatting them.  this also happened in PA so I don't know what the laws are for rear ending here are. if any one knows let me know.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Yes you will be held responsible because you rear ended them. I hope you are ok.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM
anytime you hit someone from behind it is your fault.
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Depends on the state. Some states say that the person who rear ends someone else is always at least 51% responsible.
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
The insurance company will more than likely claim it your fault. Rear ending someone is already at fault. Do you have medical insurance? You should really go to the dr. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
It does sound like y'all will be responsible but that's what insurance is for, they will pay for their car and if you have full coverage they will pay yours minus the deductible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes you would be held at fault sounds like you were folloWing to close
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:40 AM
This. I hope everyone is ok.

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Yes you will be held responsible because you rear ended them. I hope you are ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
First I am so sorry for that. Car accidents are no fun and I am glad no one was hurt.

As for who is at fault, I don't know. In a lot of states if you hit someone from behind you are at fault because you should not follow too closely and always allow enough time to stop. Did you happen to take picture of both cars and of the scene?
vegepunkstr
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

No matter what the other car did to stop suddenly it is your fault because you didn't leave enough room between the two cars to stop in time. Sorry car accidents suck : (.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Action_Jaxon
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Sorry mama! But im glad no one was seriously injured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN