Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your husband ever said something so hurtful....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

to you or about you that you just had a really hard time forgetting about it. I don't mean like you dwell on it, because I don't dwell on any thing, but I mean something that you wonder if he really meant it even though he said he didn't after the argument was over or the comment was made? Something that just pops up in your memory every once in a while (with out any effort from you to bring it to your memory) when you argue or it's one of those "not so great days" between the two of you, and it still hurts when you remember it. If this has happened to you, what was said and/or (if you don't want to share what was said) how did you get over it or forget it so it does not cause any more hurt or hard feelings between you? I'd like to note I am not a horribly sensative person, but some times people say things that seem to go too far to you and to others, they think it should be easy to forget or not take seriously.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm good about realizing what is said was said out of anger and if you meant it than your the dumbass for staying with me if that's the case.  Don't let others words hurt you, everyone has faults and if I started telling my DH all his we would be divorced! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM
SO once called me a bad mom while we were arguing. He knew that that was the only thing that could possibly hurt me because I devote every second of my day for the last 9 years to my children. He said it after we were.arguing because I told him he needed to step up and help me with the kids.more. It's been about 6 months and it still hurts me when.it pops into my head :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM
My husband throws the past in my face and it hurts and upsets me and deal w/it on my own. Last night he said he felt we shouldn't go on a trip due to several reasons no it wasn't in anger but it was during a time I was making some things clear and letting my feelings be known. It is
a trip I was planning for us alone and had been planning for months and he made me feel like he was rejecting me and my efforts.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Yes.
MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM

He's told me I should get an abortion while I was prengnat because he was 100% sure that the baby wasn't his.  Turned out to be twins and they are 150% his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Yes, I usually blow hurtful things that people, including my husband, say or do towards me off, but some things were said that have really made me wonder and it just sucks. I am a very confident person and usually things like that don't bother me but this did. I deal with it OK, and I usually don't event remember it or think about it, but every once in a while it will just pop in to my head during an argument or some thing and then I wonder again. It was something that would hurt any one's ego, especially womans'. I don't think it is true , or any thing like that, but the fact that the man you love could say something so hurtful out of spite (he says) and then expect you to just eat it and move on kind of sucks. I will be able to forget it some day, just haven't forgottenit yet apperently...working on it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm good about realizing what is said was said out of anger and if you meant it than your the dumbass for staying with me if that's the case.  Don't let others words hurt you, everyone has faults and if I started telling my DH all his we would be divorced! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Yes when i gave birth to my dd she had to be in the nicu because she couldn't breath and had afever . Well my ex dh showed up wanting to see her (at that moment he thought that she was his) well my now dh was pissed and told me that it was my fault that our dd was in the nicu and that he would tell her that when she was old enough. It hurt me so bad that i slapped his ass and told the nurse that he wasn't allowed to see my dd . So he didn't see her until she was discharged. I am thayt type of person that if you hurt me i will hurt you to. I know its wrong but oh well
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Mine has said so many hurtful things I am disengged from our relationship justpassing time until the kids are almost done with highschool (3 more years) so I can get a divorce. I have asked him to get help - he refuses - he is abusive to me he also has a substance abuse issue I jus want it to end but it wil not end ammicably or with any grace he will run it all though the mud in court - I am so not looking forward to it!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Told me I was an ungrateful bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM
heard that before :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Told me I was an ungrateful bitch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN