Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your husband ever said something so hurtful....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

to you or about you that you just had a really hard time forgetting about it. I don't mean like you dwell on it, because I don't dwell on any thing, but I mean something that you wonder if he really meant it even though he said he didn't after the argument was over or the comment was made? Something that just pops up in your memory every once in a while (with out any effort from you to bring it to your memory) when you argue or it's one of those "not so great days" between the two of you, and it still hurts when you remember it. If this has happened to you, what was said and/or (if you don't want to share what was said) how did you get over it or forget it so it does not cause any more hurt or hard feelings between you? I'd like to note I am not a horribly sensative person, but some times people say things that seem to go too far to you and to others, they think it should be easy to forget or not take seriously.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Yes, many times

cinnamonkiti
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My dh makes offhand remarks that are hurtful. Like when I was helping my son with fractions, my dh stepped in and tried to help, but he was confusing my son more. I saw this and asked him to just let me handle it. He was hurt, and said " Don't you think he would be better off getting help from the college graduate here?"(him)
It hurt, and the ironic thing is I had gotten the answer right, and he had gotten it wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM
He said it during an argument but it still bothers me

Quoting Anonymous:

heard that before :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Told me I was an ungrateful bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Yep.  One time and thats all it takes.

He had this habit of walking away when I was talking to him.  I called him out on it and asked why he always walked away.  He said "What you have to say doesn't interest me".

I came back at him when I calmed down and told him that I listen to him about work and life and whatever because I know its important to him.  I need him to listen to me.

This all happened last fall.  I remember it well.  It still hurts and when we do talk, I am always wondering if he really wants to hear me or not.  Is he really interested in me or not.  So, I don't talk to him much aside from kid stuff or financial stuff, or church stuff or just superficial things. I don't talk about me much at all. I thought he was my best friend and I could talk to him about anything but I am finding that isn't so.

BabyRuca
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
One time my dh told me that his dad said I reminded him of dh's mom BC I didn't have a job. dh's mom hasn't worked in 30 years, her home belongs on hoarders, & she lost custody of her kids BC she was stealing their food money to buy ipods, cell phones, etc. I was without a job for a week at that time but actively searching. Had just had an interview that day. It was a bad bad moment BC dh said he couldn't think of anything to say to disprove him. We got into it. He'll never make that damn mistake again.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

yes.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM
While I was pregnat with my son me an dh (rip) we're having a huge fight...like days long and as he was storming out of the house I told him to drop dead (ironic right since not quite 2yrs later he actually did) and he told me no you drop dead and that kid to. Yeah that hurt.
caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yeah, and I've said things to him that I regretted later. I was a real bitch when we first started dating. I'm surprised he stuck with me. Sometimes when we're arguing he'll bring those old things up. It hurts me. But whatever.

MammaPaparazza
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Well he has said some things but said he didn't mean it and he was just angry, but since I'm me... I hold it over his head like a fucking umbrella and will always bring it up :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM
i got pregnant and while me and ex were split up i slept with someone else, now mind you the dates are totally spaced apart, so spaced apart theres no way the guy i slept with could be the father. anyway my ex found out when we got back together, he told me he wished he could shove a bottle of red wine down my throat and make me sit in a steaming bath to have a miscarriage....smh, by the way i did miscarry, me and my ex are to this day great friends, but that shit pops in my head all the time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)