Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your husband ever said something so hurtful....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

to you or about you that you just had a really hard time forgetting about it. I don't mean like you dwell on it, because I don't dwell on any thing, but I mean something that you wonder if he really meant it even though he said he didn't after the argument was over or the comment was made? Something that just pops up in your memory every once in a while (with out any effort from you to bring it to your memory) when you argue or it's one of those "not so great days" between the two of you, and it still hurts when you remember it. If this has happened to you, what was said and/or (if you don't want to share what was said) how did you get over it or forget it so it does not cause any more hurt or hard feelings between you? I'd like to note I am not a horribly sensative person, but some times people say things that seem to go too far to you and to others, they think it should be easy to forget or not take seriously.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yes girl, we have been married almost 20 years and he said something to me so long ago, I think it was maybe our 2nd or 3rd year of marriage.  He said something so mean, so absolutely uncalled for, so degrading and disgusting, that I can think of it even now and get tears in my eyes. 

It only pops into my head every now & then but wow, it was so hard to get over. 

He also knows how much it hurt me and now even though he doesn't say mean things like that, if we're having an especially heated argument, he will say "You better watch out or else I'll say something you really don't want to hear".  He will taunt me will how lowdown I know that he can go, even if he never says it.  Luckily our major arguments don't happen very often. 

Yes the people we love hurt us the most sometimes  :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
yea my dh too, and it hurts but sadly that's not the worst he's ever said.

Quoting Anonymous:

He said it during an argument but it still bothers me

Quoting Anonymous:

heard that before :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Told me I was an ungrateful bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Awww this story is so sad, what happened to your dh? 

Quoting Jessie3398:

While I was pregnat with my son me an dh (rip) we're having a huge fight...like days long and as he was storming out of the house I told him to drop dead (ironic right since not quite 2yrs later he actually did) and he told me no you drop dead and that kid to. Yeah that hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
My husband told me I'm not his dream wife and probably never will be during an argument. That hurt. Then for a while when he'd ask for my help I'd say well that's probably something your dream wife would do. It's was my way of making him see how stupid he sounded. It hurt for a long time, but eventually I just let it go.
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
There has been a lot of things we have said to each other but for me it really hurt when he said that I am always a victim. I moved across the state with my four kids to be with him and start a new life and he has never been married or really had this much responsibility to worry about and I needed help with my kids and learning about the area. It's seattle. It's huge here. I am from a town of 500 ppl! But his mom is a bitch to me and he would take his moms side a lot about things. My grandma died after we moved here and he said I need to be supportive of him. He said that the same day she died! She was all the family I had left. My mom died 6 years ago. There's a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
dh told me he never wanted dd (we planned her) and I cant forget it, we have talked about it and he admitted that was the only way he could get at me and he didnt mean it, but it put serious doubts in me so he knows he fd up
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM
all the time. :-(
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM
He called me fat and ugly 3 mos after having our baby and when you consider we were not having sex and had not in 9mos because he wouldn't put out, I believed it and I still think he meant it. I've lost weight and started taking better care of myself and he hasn't said anything since.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I'm sorry hugs, it's the way he said it and what he said after that really hurt me.

Quoting Anonymous:

yea my dh too, and it hurts but sadly that's not the worst he's ever said.

Quoting Anonymous:

He said it during an argument but it still bothers me

Quoting Anonymous:

heard that before :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Told me I was an ungrateful bitch.

Jessie3398
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Heart attack.

Quoting Anonymous:

Awww this story is so sad, what happened to your dh? 

Quoting Jessie3398:

While I was pregnat with my son me an dh (rip) we're having a huge fight...like days long and as he was storming out of the house I told him to drop dead (ironic right since not quite 2yrs later he actually did) and he told me no you drop dead and that kid to. Yeah that hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)