Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has your husband ever said something so hurtful....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

to you or about you that you just had a really hard time forgetting about it. I don't mean like you dwell on it, because I don't dwell on any thing, but I mean something that you wonder if he really meant it even though he said he didn't after the argument was over or the comment was made? Something that just pops up in your memory every once in a while (with out any effort from you to bring it to your memory) when you argue or it's one of those "not so great days" between the two of you, and it still hurts when you remember it. If this has happened to you, what was said and/or (if you don't want to share what was said) how did you get over it or forget it so it does not cause any more hurt or hard feelings between you? I'd like to note I am not a horribly sensative person, but some times people say things that seem to go too far to you and to others, they think it should be easy to forget or not take seriously.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Replies (31-33):
MomTo2Boys12
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM
No, my husband has never said anything hurtful like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Yes, one time he said "...and I always have to come home to you!" Like, coming home to me was the most horrible thing in the world. It was about a year ago. It still hurts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Yup my dh has a bad temper when mad and says dumb stuff. The worst was when he said he wouldnt really be sad if I were dead. The worst part was he said it in front of our dd who was 7. He often tells me he cant wait until I just leave and move with my parents. That he cant stand me..etc..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)