Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am i too old for this?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was just talking to my MIL.  She called the house but I didnt pick up, i was on the other line.  I  told her im sorry i was on the phone wtih my nana.  and she was like hun  you are going to be 31 shes your grandmother.  calling your grandparents nana and papa are childish.  i let it go, not in the mood for a debate, but am i too old? 

When i was younger, she named themselves nana and papa.   She thought she was too young to be called grandma and too confusing for me.  I had a lot of grandparents.  I had my nana and papa.  my nanas parents who i called grandma and grandpa, my papas parents who i called gramma jersey and grandpa jerssey, and my dads mom whoi called grandama del.  so they all had little nicknames my nana and papa just happen to be the o nly ones still alive.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gemikris82

BUMP!

gemikris82

BUMP!

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I still call my gramma "Oma" and always will.
I don't think THEY'D appreciate being called by their real names from their grandkids..even if they're grandadults. 

twicethemomjess
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I still call my grandma nana. She likes it
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
My nana will always be my nana. I'm not going to change her name because someone feels its a childish name.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever. If my grandmother was still alive I would be calling her Nana, and I'm 30. Ignore your MIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twicethemomjess
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Plus it's easier bc the boys call her nana. It would confuse them
Bboysmommy11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My nana will always be my nana. That will never change. I don't think she would appreciate being called something different after all these years. I will be 30 in a few months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)