Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Someone shot my dog! ((Update))

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 98 Replies

This morning he is back to his old self, his breathing sounds alot better to.  He wanted to play and had spunk back in his step.  I have noticed he won't bark, I think barking still hurts his chest but other then that he seems to be getting better.  Thanks to everyone who commented.

Well I posted earlier how I found my dog bloody last night, just got back from the vet and yup...someone shot him with a pellet gun looks like.  The pellet is lodged right under his skin and it passed right through his chest to near his rib cage.  His whole chest is bruised around the hole.  Could really see it after they shaved him there.  The vet told me there is nothing to do since we do not know what damage was done as it passed through so all I can do is give him his pain meds and keep him calm and just keep an eye on him to see what happens.  I was told the pellet itself is not life threatening so it is staying.  I am pretty mad at myself for not having him trained properly...being 10 months old he shouldn't run from me and I am paying for it now.  All our neighbors next to us LOVE him so I wasn't worried...but I didn't think of the neighbors up the street.  But damn who would shoot at such a little dog...I really hope he doesn't die on me....thanks though for those who responded to the other post, I appreciate it and alot of you had every right to be mad at me.  

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That flipping sucks. Poor doggie. ***Hugs***
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Contact the police. Shooting a dog and not reporting it is a criminal act.

Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thankyou.  He is sleeping in te closet next to me.  His breathing has me worried....

Quoting Diamepphyre:

That flipping sucks. Poor doggie. ***Hugs***

LucyHarper
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I'm really sorry that that happened, but this is a lesson that you really need to either put him on a leash when you are outside or secure him to your yard, with a fence, invisible fence, run line, something. Sometimes even the best trained dog will run off and things like this can happen.

lovesadiie
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM
That is so heartbreaking :( I hope he recovers quickly. My moms cat was shot and killed by her ex bf. He was a sick man.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM

We don't even know who shot him...could have been kids.  What could they really do?  We live on the outskirts of town.  I have no realy information to give the police...

Quoting Anonymous:

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Poor thing :(

Donnah118
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM

OMG that is terrible. I hope he gets better soon. How sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Crymsm:

We don't even know who shot him...could have been kids.  What could they really do?  We live on the outskirts of town.  I have no realy information to give the police...

Quoting Anonymous:

Report it anyhow. You don't kow they could have done it before to other people, and the police know about that-and you do not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Poor doggy ::(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)