Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His penis was bleeding.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Caiden has been having accidents all week but I thought he was just regressing with the potty. The past two days he's been complaining that his penis hurts and is holding it when he doesnt have to pee.

A few hours ago I asked him to let me see and pulled down his underwear and there was a little bit of blood of his underwear. I called the emergency doctor and he said give him cranberry juice and bring him to the ER if it gets worse. So far it hasnt and his pee is a normal color. I really hope it doesnt get worse.

Is bleeding normal with a UTI?

I took him to the hospital. He doesn't have an infection. His pee hole is tighening/closing. We're being sent to a urologist and he got a script for numbing cream.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I've heard of it before, but I personally have not had bleeding with UTI. I hope he's feeling better soon.
NunyaBizzness
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

i think it can be, i havent had one in such a long time.  hope your little guy gets better very soon.

mommieof38829
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I had blood with my uti
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Is he intact or circumcised? (Asking because wondering if there's a possibly he retracted by accident, etc. if he's intact).

Bleeding can often occur with a UTI - keep track of any fevers, tummy or back pains, etc.

Good luck!!
AScaredMomma
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Very normal for me thats the only way i know i have a uti but I've never heard of it in males...
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
It can happen if it's a bad one. I have personally never had it happen to me. My sister has tho. Id go to urgent care for an antibiotic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ethans-mommy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes blood in urine is common with a severe uti. Did u take him to the docs? He needs antibiotics
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
If it's a bad one Yes there could be blood. Was it red around the tip? Swollen?

If it's a uti his pee would be darker and it would be painful to urinate. If it were a uti that is bad enough that there was blood it needs antibiotics. It could also be an infection on his weewee also...
acook0331
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Is he circumcised?  If he isn't, he may have pulled the foreskin back, causing the bleeding (and possible damage).

I have peed blood with a UTI but never had blood discharge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Blood is more often associated with soap irritation in the vons fossa (the area right inside te hole). Having him soak in a bathtub for a few minutes several times today will help rinse any soap. Also avoid bubble bath or having him sit in soapy water for the next week so the area can heal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN