Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

His penis was bleeding.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Caiden has been having accidents all week but I thought he was just regressing with the potty. The past two days he's been complaining that his penis hurts and is holding it when he doesnt have to pee.

A few hours ago I asked him to let me see and pulled down his underwear and there was a little bit of blood of his underwear. I called the emergency doctor and he said give him cranberry juice and bring him to the ER if it gets worse. So far it hasnt and his pee is a normal color. I really hope it doesnt get worse.

Is bleeding normal with a UTI?

I took him to the hospital. He doesn't have an infection. His pee hole is tighening/closing. We're being sent to a urologist and he got a script for numbing cream.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I've heard of it before, but I personally have not had bleeding with UTI. I hope he's feeling better soon.
NunyaBizzness
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

i think it can be, i havent had one in such a long time.  hope your little guy gets better very soon.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I had blood with my uti
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Is he intact or circumcised? (Asking because wondering if there's a possibly he retracted by accident, etc. if he's intact).

Bleeding can often occur with a UTI - keep track of any fevers, tummy or back pains, etc.

Good luck!!
AScaredMomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Very normal for me thats the only way i know i have a uti but I've never heard of it in males...
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
It can happen if it's a bad one. I have personally never had it happen to me. My sister has tho. Id go to urgent care for an antibiotic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
molly_ann
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Seems like it could be a possibility. Hope he feels better soon :-)

Also try the cranberry chews by nature made. Those help me out big time when I get uti or flank pains.
Ethans-mommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes blood in urine is common with a severe uti. Did u take him to the docs? He needs antibiotics
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
If it's a bad one Yes there could be blood. Was it red around the tip? Swollen?

If it's a uti his pee would be darker and it would be painful to urinate. If it were a uti that is bad enough that there was blood it needs antibiotics. It could also be an infection on his weewee also...
acook0331
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Is he circumcised?  If he isn't, he may have pulled the foreskin back, causing the bleeding (and possible damage).

I have peed blood with a UTI but never had blood discharge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)