Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm taking a vacation from my 7 month old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
And my husband. I booked a weekend trip to FL to take a break. I had an anxiety attack last week and can't see myself being happy until I can regroup away from them. I know I will miss them, but I need a minute before I completely lose my mind! (I have an anxiety disorder and am not taking any medd because of bfing.)

That's my confession!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheyanneW
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Do what you need to do and don't feel guilty about it.  I had to go on a business trip when my middle DD was 4mos old. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I hope you're better when you get back. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:47 PM
So the baby is used to bottle feeding as well? I could never leave my baby that little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
lol. I have never left my 1 yr old overnight and i honestly don't think I could be away from my kids for a weekend and relax. At least when they are so young. How do you expect to bf if you are going away. You will still have to pump...or honestly if your anxiety is that bad then I would quit. Your mental stability is more important than breastfeeding.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Sometimes that is what parents need to do-would rather you do that than snap on the baby-hope you feel refreshed when you come back

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
If things are getting bad you need to rethink not taking your Meds. BUT if you think this will help have a good time.
Oh and I had a girls weekend when my boys were 3 and under 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

You're not taking your meds because you're breastfeeding but you're taking a weekend trip away from a breastfeeding baby?

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Because leaving your family is so much better than formula.

My son is 17 months and I can't imagine leaving him for that long.

Good luck.
raegansmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad! I took a 4 day vacation with my best friend when dc was 1. My dh took time off & watched her so BFF & I could go to Vegas. Sometimes you need to get away for your sanity & to appreciate what you have at home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Workoutmom2025
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I'm leaving my kids for the 1st time this summer because I'm one of the directors for girls camp. 4 nights away, my kids are already freaking out, lol. They are 7, 6, and 3, and I've never even been gone overnight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)