Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i am not a girly girl...how am i going to raise a girl?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I have 2 boys and I'm pregnant with a girl. I'm having a hard time shopping for girl things. There's too much that goes into dressing girls. I'm used to shirts and pants not dresses and tights and tunics and leggings or tutus. Oye! Lol I also like the more gender neutral colors for baby gear. My carseat is teal and brown and my bouncer is tan and green with jungle animals. I'm gonna suck at raising a girl. She will definitely be a tom boy lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I've always been a tom boy, nothing wrong with that!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Who told you that girls HAVE to be tutus and pink? Raise her how you want and she'll decide who she is later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I was worried about the same thing. I now have a 6 year old who loves dress up, ponies, art projects, accessorizing, super heroes (especially hulk), football, hockey and dinosaurs. She will find her own path between what interests her and what she picks up from her brothers too!!

I was terrified of having a girly girl and my mo just told me "where the hell would she pick up super girly girl, she has an older brother and a mom who was a Tom boy all through her childhood."
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM

She speaks for me. 

Quoting VintageWife:

Who told you that girls HAVE to be tutus and pink? Raise her how you want and she'll decide who she is later.

AScaredMomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Lol I'm on the other end of the spectrum I'm a girly girl trying to raise a boy and pregnant with another!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
It's not hard shoooing for girl's, ask my bank account.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM
They're not fragile flowers. They won't die if they don't have a single tutu their entire life.
You'll figure it out, just like raising your boys. Just raise her to know she is beautiful.
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I'm a HUGE tomboy and am expecting my third daughter.. Their not hard to raise. My 6 yr old is a DIVA, 4 1/2 yr old - not so much. DD3 will be here in 3 weeks..she's also got a jungle themed bouncer and swing...pink polka dotted car seat..pink pack n play and stroller.. just because every things not pink doesn't matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I was sooo lucky I had boys. I am. Girly girl, but I have no idea what to do with one. I have a granddaughter and I dread as she gets older because I have no idea what to do with her!

Grnyann65
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Nothing wrong with a tom boy...though, my granddaughters call themselves country girls instead of tom boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)