Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure what to do... husband's job...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

new job

stay

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

We just moved and he started a new job that he loves! He's on his 3rd week, starting today, and he just found out they get paid under the table. He didn't know sooner because he was on a trial period for 2 weeks where you don't sign any paperwork or anything yet anyway.

Now, he loves this job and it's good money and it can actually lead to a good career, but the whole under the table thing scares the crap out of me. It does him too. We're not sure what to do. Keep working and chance something happening, or find a legit job?

I want him to find a 'real' job, but I don't want to seem like a bitch because he finally found something he loves to do and I want him to be happy. 

I'm just going anon for this one, just in case! 

Editing to add that I'm not sure if it's different for the small businesses. I know they don't have to go by federal guidelines for some things, but not sure the full extent. This company has maybe 8-9 people working for them, so I know certain things don't apply.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Tell him to keep it. Just don't be a douche bag and receive government benefits just because it's under the table
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
What kind of job is it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
3 moms liked this
I would probably have him stay while trying to find a legit job. Once he finds one he likes, have him quit this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I know lots of people who work like that and haven't had any issues... Best thing you can do is pay some payments to irs so they don't question how you make ends meet - unless you have a job then don't worry about it. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM

That's what we've been thinking about doing. He loves it though and I feel so bad. He doesn't want to go back to crappy jobs he hates and I don't want him to etiher.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would probably have him stay while trying to find a legit job. Once he finds one he likes, have him quit this one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM

mortuary transport.

Some ladies here probably know who I am just by saying so, and that's okay, just don't want trouble while we figure this out.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of job is it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Lol! We wouldn't do that! This job is like 50k a year. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell him to keep it. Just don't be a douche bag and receive government benefits just because it's under the table

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
He needs to quit and find a legitimate job.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM
What are you going to do when it tax time and uncle am wants his money ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)