Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I despise all of my in-laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I really do. Every single one of them. I don't use the word "hate" towards people very often, but wow, I really hate them. DHs sister, brothers, mother, father, step mom, sister-in-law. I cannot stand his nephews and neices either. I don't hate them because they're just kids and I know it's not their fault, but they're awful kids. I mostly feel bad for them I guess. We moved to a different state, and they all still manage to get under my skin. I'm going to sound awful for saying it, but when DHs mom was supposedly diagnosed with breast cancer I didn't feel the least bit bad for her. I couldn't possibly care less if she dies :-/ I'll feel bad for DH, but that's about it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if *he* cares much. I wish they'd all disappear. I do my best to avoid them and not speak to them anymore, but I'm afraid one day it'll be inevitable. Sometimes I wonder how DH managed to come out a decent person being related to them.
Anyone else hate all their in laws? Or at least really dislike them?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I love my in laws. I wouldn't have married my DH if I hadn't at least liked them.

You might as well try to find something good about them because they are going to be in your life for a long, long time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

So all these people are evil and horrid and you are just a peach, the one thing all these people have in common is you....might be time to take a long look at yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I never said they were evil or horrid. You don't have to be evil to be a nuisance.

Quoting Anonymous:

So all these people are evil and horrid and you are just a peach, the one thing all these people have in common is you....might be time to take a long look at yourself.

lauraschatz
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
What do you hate about them?
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
If my MIL listened to me when I say things like "don't feed my 7 month old frosting" or "do not hold my son underneath his arms, he doesn't need to be back in the hospital" then maybe I would like her more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM

no, but the one I disliked I loathed. and I refrained from singing "ding dong the witch is dead" when dh called me with the news.  I was even a supportive wife, and turned right around and came back home from work to be there for him.  but goodness was she just spiteful and mean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I don't hate them. I don't dislike them. But man can they be irritating as snot sometimes!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I'm not fond of my inlaws either. Some phone only when they want something.  Some gossip horribly behind each others backs.  Some have stolen from each other.  There is rarely any joy in meeting them or hearing about them.  It's usually only stress.  I feel bad for dh as it's his family and he feels obligated for some reason, although he has been living independantly since his late teens.  He always feels guilty that he can't solve all their problems and take on their burdens. Makes me so angry and resentful though because my family has to sacrifice to fix their problems.  It's tiresome. I'm tired of doing without for myself and our kids just to fix some other adults problems. 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM

my mil died three years ago, and not a day goes by where i'm not grateful for it. i don't care if that makes me sound like a bitch, unless you knew my story, you couldn't understand.

cyrosado
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I can relate a litte bit with this...angry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)