Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop lying to yourself

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My husbands cousin lost custody of her children FOUR years ago. They were placed in protective care by CPS (and let me tell you, they were 100% warranted in removing her children) and she get supervised access only.
The grounds for her to get her children back were;
1. Take anger management classes
2. Take cooking classes
3. Take therapy for her depression
4. Take parenting classes
5. Get rid of her animals

She refused to do all of those things. Said she didn't "need" to do them and that she couldn't pick between her animals and kids.
Now all she does is post on FB about how she loves her kids so much and that they are her whole world. All I can ever think is "you call it love when you refused to do as CPS asked you to get them back?"
Heck, if I were in her position I'd do EVERYTHING they asked me to do and never look back.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Disgusting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw. She clearly has some issues :(. Poor kids.

Babygirl9609
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Then shes stupid and doesnt care about her kids. Where is their dad?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM
They are just as bad.
The oldest child's dad is an alcoholic/drug addict and the youngest child's dad has charges against him for molesting children.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

harehelper
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Why would they tell her to get rid of her animals? Is she a hoarder or something?

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Poor kids. It is very sad to see and hear about these situations especially being that close to it. I makes no sense to me as a mother how your could first of all even let things get that bad and then refusing help. Depression can be a very difficult thing to deal with, but I know if anything like that ever happened to me i would be camped outside the CPS building trying to figure out every single thing that i need to get my children back to me as soon as possible.

Babygirl9609
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Oh wow how sad. Doesn't she have any other family other than your DH that could take them in??

Quoting Anonymous:

They are just as bad.

The oldest child's dad is an alcoholic/drug addict and the youngest child's dad has charges against him for molesting children.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM
They were doing their business on the floor and instead of cleaning it up (or, you know, putting them outside like a normal person) she would sweep it into a pile and leave it on the floor.
She also had pet rats that she kept on her kitchen table.

Quoting harehelper:

Why would they tell her to get rid of her animals? Is she a hoarder or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Nope. Her mom tried getting custody and CPS proved that even her house was unstable for them.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

Oh wow how sad. Doesn't she have any other family other than your DH that could take them in??

Quoting Anonymous:

They are just as bad.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I remember the day she told me that they went for a supervision order. I told her that wasn't good and that they had found a reason to go for it. They gave her a chance to straighten up before they took the kids and she ignored the warning :(

Quoting villagemamma:

Poor kids. It is very sad to see and hear about these situations especially being that close to it. I makes no sense to me as a mother how your could first of all even let things get that bad and then refusing help. Depression can be a very difficult thing to deal with, but I know if anything like that ever happened to me i would be camped outside the CPS building trying to figure out every single thing that i need to get my children back to me as soon as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)