Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

they were bullying my son right in front of me

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 104 Replies
2 moms liked this

so i was sitting on the deck with my friend Delee, and drinking a non alcoholic Becks Beer, and i can see my son playing with a group of kids, they had all been at my sons best friends birthday party and it was just ending.

anyways one kid is on a bike, and another was on a scooter. my sons scooter.

fine, whatever my son shares with other kids, but then i see him trying to get his scooter back he asks nicely, the kid just keeps going, and sean asks him again, and im watching this from our yard on our deck, spying on them, yes SPYING. 

and here this kid and he wont give my kid his scooter back although he was asking nicely, well my kids crying at this point, and my mommyness roared.

this kid starts taking off on my kids scooter and my son is crying, and ........

"YOU WANNA GIVE MY KID HIS SCOOTER BACK PLEASE?!"

i was furious. the kid stops in his tracks, unaware that seans mom had been watching, and he gives my kid his scooter back.

sean said by to his friend, and came home. i tried to talk to him about it but he brushed it off "that guy was just being a jerk mom"

my son turned 7 in march, his friend turned 9 today and the kid picking on him was about 9 too.

i dont *think* i over reacted. and im proud of myself, because i really in the heat of the moment wanted to cuss that kid out.

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

SHOE_DIVA
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I would have done it do!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

The kid was a jerk but how is this  bullying?

D.O.E.
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

i seriously felt rage. omg.

Quoting SHOE_DIVA:

I would have done it do!

agrisham13mom
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
The kid was being a brat and I would have done the same thing as you, but I wouldn't consider it bullying..
SHOE_DIVA
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Oh I don't doubt it. I wouldn't have said please. I would have said NOW!!! I'm very protective over my son because other kids are mean.

Quoting D.O.E.:

i seriously felt rage. omg.

Quoting SHOE_DIVA:

I would have done it do!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting D.O.E.:

so i was sitting on the deck with my friend Delee, and drinking a non alcoholic Becks Beer, and i can see my son playing with a group of kids, they had all been at my sons best friends birthday party and it was just ending.

fine, whatever my son shares with other kids, but then i see him trying to get his scooter back he asks nicely, the kid just keeps going, and sean asks him again, and im watching this from our yard on our deck, spying on them, yes SPYING. 

and here this kid and he wont give my kid his scooter back although he was asking nicely, well my kids crying at this point, and my mommyness roared.

this kid starts taking off on my kids scooter and my son is crying, and ........

i was furious. the kid stops in his tracks, unaware that seans mom had been watching, and he gives my kid his scooter back.

sean said by to his friend, and came home. i tried to talk to him about it but he brushed it off "that guy was just being a jerk mom"

my son turned 7 in march, his friend turned 9 today and the kid picking on him was about 9 too.

i dont *think* i over reacted. and im proud of myself, because i really in the heat of the moment wanted to cuss that kid out.

It is sad that your "mommyness" didn't roar for your other child the one you handed over to your mom to raise:(

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Sigh.

I get so angry at other children sometimes!!!

I don't think you overreacted.  You let your son try to handle it, and then you took over when that didn't work. 

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been known to speak up for my kids when they are clearly being ignored. I have a DS who will be 10 soon & he is very soft spoken to begin with so I do tend to sound a bit "Mamma Bear"-ish when it comes to other kids bullying him.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't think that was appropriate.  The OP was VERY young when she had her first child, and I feel she made a good decision for herself at that time.. with what her mother "allowed" her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting D.O.E.:

It is sad that your "mommyness" didn't roar for your other child the one you handed over to your mom to raise:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN