Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i can't understand why people plan a baby only to return to work

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So many woman I know plan on having a baby and successfully conceive and give birth to a perfect bundle of joy only to put the baby into daycare full time somewhere between 6 weeks - 6 months because they WANT to return to work! 6 weeks!! Whats the point in having a baby when you obviously don't want to mother it! Why do woman plan on having a child and also plan on putting the baby in daycare so they can go back to work! Don't plan a child if you enjoy working more then being a mom!

THIS IS ABOUT PEOPLE WHO CHOSE WORK INSTEAD OF BEING A MOM WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORK!!!

Yes lets stick our babies in daycare with strangers because we want to go work. Im sorry but SOMEONE either mom or dad should be at home with that child fore the first few years not stuck in a sad daycare centre
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Replies (1011-1020):
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow posting anonymous surprise, surprise

Anonymous
by Anonymous 145 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM

This post has "you need to find something else to do with your life instead of worrying about other people's" written all over it.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

knitting......i hear it is a wonderful hobby for nut jobs.

Mitzi31
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Well I am a stay at home mom and we planned it this way cause I feel it's the best thing other than breast feeding that you can do for your child the first few years. My dh makes a decent income but we have had to sacrifice a lot for me to be at home but that's ok, we're willing to do that because it works for our family. I However.... After having a baby that's 9 months old I can see why mothers would WANT to go back to work. I love her with all my heart but sometimes I really miss that day to day adult interaction. I miss the "feeling needed" at work. It was so satisfying I guess. I know my family love some but I don't get the same praise from them that I got from work. PLUS some moms HAVE to work. They don't have a choice if they want to make ends meet and I will support a mom working WAAAAY before I'll support welfare. The only thing that I can't stand is moms who work because they want too and then complain all the time because they never have enough time to get anything done... That's the only time I feel that they are any different. For the ones who have to work then I don't blame them for complaining. I can only imagine not WANTING to work but having too and there are so many things you miss out with your children when you want so bad to be there. BUT kudos to them for multi tasking. :-) 

Of course there are always other circumstances for a working mom too.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I am a single Mom who adopted on my own.  I knew going in that I would not be able to stay home after 8 weeks.  I spend every moment I am not working with my son.  I work 8 hours a day, so that leaves 16 hours to spend at home.  We are very close.  I drop him off at school every morning.  Daycare picks him up at 12:15 and I pick up from Daycare at 5:30.  When there are special events at school, I rearrange my work schedule so  can be there.   I work for the State and am forced to take  one day a month off without pay.  That day I volunteer in my son' class and as soon as he is out of school we go hang out together.  

Not everyone is able to be a stay at home Mom and not everyone wants to.  I like being able to afford to go places, buy my son things he wants and not be dependent upon anyone else.  I wish we could just end this stay at home  vs working mom debate.  You do what works for you and I'll do what works for me.

STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:45 AM

how is that worse than someone who plans a baby KNOWING that they can't afford it and will need to rely on PA?

tmeg71
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM
3 moms liked this

As the mother of an 18 and almost 15 year old, I can say with 100% confidence that nearly all of this competimommy shit everyone obsesses over when their children are young does not make one iota of difference.

:P>-|o:

enlightened_24
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Its beacuse we live in this world where a woman CAN go back to work! Whose to say the day care is ran by complete strangers? What if the day care is ran by a close family friend? What if the woman went to school for ten years to get her job? Is she supposed to scrap that because she wants to be a mother too? I am here to tell you, a woman can do anything a man can and more so shut your troll mouth.

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Damnit I was really hoping it would be a post about dead beat bm who haven't seen their kids in months. Ugh sooooo stupid.

Quoting pce68:

So they should stay home and live off of the government? Great plan!

And just bc they go back to work doesn't mean they don't love their child, or that they are not mothering their child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 146 on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I live in OK and live comfortable on 1600 a month. We have savings, investments etc my kids have everything they want and more, my daughter does dance and gymnastics, my son and daughter play soccer. We go on vacations. We only eat out once a month not because we cave afford it, but because I prefer homemade.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Umm here in Central MO 1600 would be just fine. Cost of living varies. As do people's idea of comfortable. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Like the mom who swears her family is "comfortable" living off of her hubby's take home pay of $1600!!! Reach for the stars!!!

Quoting LAXmom21:

Or she stays at home and they can't afford squat. Lol!

Quoting CV3:

Your one of those " only rich people can have kids" arent you?

no one is living "comfortably" on 1600  regardless of where you live.  To me, living comfortable is to easily make ends meet, have leftover money to go into savings/retirement, be able to go out to eat, and go on vacations.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)