Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The love of your life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
1 mom liked this
Did you marry, or will you marry, "the love of your life"? If not:
Was there one that got away?
Are you married to someone else now?

I had a "great love of my life". We were young, it was INTENSE, too intense really to be sustained. It took me 10 years to get over.
I love my husband and would not have had things any other way but he is not "the great love of my life". I feel bad saying that but what I feel for him is different than what I felt for that other person.

I feel like I'm with who I should be with and that my life is better for it. I am better for it.

Do you think we should all look for great love when choosing to marry? Do you think I made a mistake in marrying when I have experienced more intense feelings in the past?

I would love.to hear some other's opinions and stories!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Met the LOVE of my Life 30 yrs ago, Married him over 28 yrs ago, 5 amazing children.......blissfully Happy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I have definitely married the love of my life!

We will be married for 10yrs this August & I love him more now than the day we married.  He still makes my heart jump too:)

He is so loving & caring, passionate & romantic as well.  He is a wonderful father which makes me love him so much more!

I believe in soulmates, so for me I wouldn't have married someone unless I knew they were my soulmate.

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I consider my husband the great love of my life. We've been together for a total of 7 years (married for 4).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM

The love of my life was murdered 4 years ago. I love DH more than him though because he gave me dd and he makes me happy. He made me a better person.

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I married mine. God I love that man!!!!!
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I did marry :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. That is awful.
I am glad you found happiness.

Quoting zeenah:

The love of my life was murdered 4 years ago. I love DH more than him though because he gave me dd and he makes me happy. He made me a better person.

zeenah
by Zarah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Thank you I am too. It was the worse thing i have yet to go through.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. That is awful.
I am glad you found happiness.

Quoting zeenah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
OMG, you two are freaking adorable together!

Quoting KristenFowles:

I did marry :)

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I am married to the love of my life. We've been together since I was 16 (I'm 37 now) and I can't imagine life without him. He understands me better than anyone else, and it's always been easy to get along with him and make decisions together. We like to do the same things and have the same sense of humor. And he's sexy as hell :)

I don't think you made a mistake. For a romantic relationship to last you have to have the passion and the friendship part of it. If you only have one or the other it doesn't work. It's a balance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN