Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinoff: Who are you REALLY?? Home vs. Work

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 29 Replies
Spinoff of other personality post!

Got me thinking... Who are we with peers opposed to those we truly cherish? Are you the absolute same, ALL the time? What type of persona do you have at each place?

At work I am a riot. We joke, curse a lot, and I say whatever pops into my head. Now, before you bash, I work with all men in a jail. A mostly male populated jail at that. I am mostly ok with what goes on. I feel like my humor is appreciated at work. At home I am much different... I am quieter and dial back the cursing. I only have one child so I am not boisterous, because I don't need to be. She gets to see the real me. The woman who likes to read, be silly, and give lots of love!!

What about YOU? Who are you when two different worlds are watching?!

**And this is not excluding SAHM's. Compare your home life to play groups/volunteer groups/church etc**
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM
3 moms liked this
I adjust my behavior based on the audience, so yeah, I guess I'm different at home than other places. I definitely have a "mom" mode.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM

At work I'm much nicer, lol.

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Why? What do you do for work?

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

At work I'm much nicer, lol.

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Exactly! The guys have seen my Mom Mode and were pretty confused lol

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

I adjust my behavior based on the audience, so yeah, I guess I'm different at home than other places. I definitely have a "mom" mode.
FL2AK
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM
I am pretty serious at work. I joke around some but work comes first. At home I am much more relaxed.
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM
May I ask what you do?

I hope no one gets the wrong idea. We are serious when we need to be but it's a type of job where if "You don't laugh you will cry." We try to keep it light or every negative aspect will affect us too.

Quoting FL2AK:

I am pretty serious at work. I joke around some but work comes first. At home I am much more relaxed.
FL2AK
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a counselor. I am also the most senior and try to set an example.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

May I ask what you do?

I hope no one gets the wrong idea. We are serious when we need to be but it's a type of job where if "You don't laugh you will cry." We try to keep it light or every negative aspect will affect us too.

Quoting FL2AK:

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I work at home so i am exactly the same :P

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Ahhh that definitely makes sense!

Quoting FL2AK:

I am a counselor. I am also the most senior and try to set an example.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

May I ask what you do?

Quoting FL2AK:

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Dammit! Cheater ;) I knew some of you would sneak in and throw me off!!

Quoting villagemamma:

I work at home so i am exactly the same :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured