Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Piercing a boys ear poll

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you pierce your baby boy's ears

Options:

Yes I already have

yes I would but have not done it

No it is only for girls

I don't believe in piercing anyone's ears

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 45

View Results

So one of my friends son got his ear pierced because his aunt took him. He is only three. I was like no way I don't believe in that and if she dose cool but she asked me what I think and I told her that I would have taken them out and made a complaint to where ever she got them done at. But if he was older and did it himself then thats fine.  She did not take them out which is fine her son so I wanted to know for those who have a son would you or have you gotten your three year old or younger son's ear pierced.

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember:
Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:35 AM
No not a baby. 10 maybe (hes old enough too tell me that's what he wants) but younger def not.
tigerlily86
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM
The appropriate response from me wasn't there in your choices. My response, HELL NO.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM

no. i dont really know why. personal preference, i guess. idc if other people do it...i know a couple of people that have had their sons ear or ears pierced. i honestly dont give a shit. i just wouldnt have my sons ears done. my daughter had hers pierced when she was 6 months. if he wants to when hes older, thats fine. not even adult age, just older, like 15.

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:40 AM

i personally think it looks silly on a boy and would never do that unless it was something that they specifically requested at an age where they could ask for it with full knowledge of what they were wanting. I couldnt pierce a babies ears. i already hate taking DD to get shots. my general rule to go by is that when they are to an age that they are asking about it then i will take them to have it done as a special event. (though not gonna lie dont think i will be as eager to do that for a boy as i personally think it looks goofy lol)

loveing2013
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM
I don't see it as a big deal... Girls get theirs done way before then..
carsonsmommytam
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not pierce my child's ears until they were old enough to ask for it and know how to care for them properly, no matter the child's sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Gay.
Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I would if my son asked but he will have the same rule I had with my daughter. Wait a year, during that year educate them on piercing cleanliness and maintenance etc, if they still want it after a year then will go ahead.

This way my daughters decision was an educated one rather than a spur of the moment one. I'd want my son to make his decision in the same manner.
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Nope. My DH says absolutely not to boy piercing. He said DS would have to be 18 & moved out to get it.

My DD is nearly 20 months & not pierced. When she asks, I'll have them done. I also am not cutting her hair until she asks.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:06 AM

My kids wont be getting their ears pierced until they want them pierced. DD is 5 and that is the age we agreed they would have to be but she doesnt want to get them pierced. MIL wanted to get her ears pierced when she was a baby because she said she looked like a boy with out them. I would have killed her if she did it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN