Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving in with your parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
Have you done this? Would you do it?

We did it for 2 years. We lost our house and moved in with my dad. He had the upstairs and we had the basement. We paid half of the bills and did any repairs in the home. We moved because I found out I was pregnant with my second. It really helped out my dad as well.

Now my baby sister lives with him. She has no job or car. I think he misses us. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Yeah, we had to do it.  There were 3 bedrooms upstairs that we had and we used the back living room while my parents used the front.  I made dinner for my family of 6 and we were done and had it cleaned up by the time my Mom got home and made dinner for her and my Dad.  

It wasn't ideal, but it was necessary.  We lived there for a year and 3 days (not that I actually counted!) and now are back out on our own doing great financially again.

crysiann
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM

My husband and I lived with his parents for a year. We had to due to some unexpected medical issues. But while we were there, we also paid half the bills, cooked and cleaned. It was definately not my ideal situation, but, it helped us get back on our feet.

NoahandEliza
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM
We briefly lived with my momwhen we were getting ready to move out of state. It was only a month, but I was reminded why I couldn't wait to move out in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
While we lived there my dad had some health issues. It was lucky we were there or he would of gotten worse. Plus my parents had just divorced and he hates being alone in the house.

Quoting crysiann:

My husband and I lived with his parents for a year. We had to due to some unexpected medical issues. But while we were there, we also paid half the bills, cooked and cleaned. It was definately not my ideal situation, but, it helped us get back on our feet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM
We do right now. My mom passed away and I'm an only child and we don't have any close family. I worry about my Dad.
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
For three months while we prepared to move into a new place.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

We moved in with my mother to save her house and to help her.  She became very ill.  We will be staying.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM
When we moved out of state we stayed with my grandma. Xh left shortly after moving so ds and I stayed there until I could get a job and get on my own feet
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM
We moved in with my parents but now, they live with us, in their house. We took over the house and it is ours now (through the bank). My parents love having the kids around and they can travel all they want. I wasn't happy about living with them at first but after about 6 months I realized it was the best for all of us.
ajdahd13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM

For the first 8 months of our marriage, and 6 months (with dh) before that. We helped with food. I was still in school (high school and then secondary education) and my parents rule was as long as the kids were in school we could live there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured